Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

jonchawthornejr

2007 Suzuki Vinson - PARK Issues

i have a 2007 suzuki vinson 500 4x4, runs great everything is fine and then one day out of the blue the machine will not shift into park. there is no apparent damage to any parts or linkage. any ideas?

sometimes you have to rock the bike forward and backwards to make the shifting easier, have you tried that? probably the linkage is set 'too close' or 'too tight', needs a little more slop in play ...

no, didnt try that but it didnt go into park when i put it on the trailer and then got to where i was going , started it up took it off and it still didnt go into park . shouldnt be that picky, and never has before

i looked on some forums and they said there is a nylon H where the shifter follows for the gears. maybe the linkage has to be adjusted some. if you can call your suzuki dealer or go down and talk to one of the mechanics, they might be able to tell you how to solve it.

on another note, a word of caution with your bike and trailer. i was told a few years ago it's not a good idea to transport your bike in gear ....

my brother let me barrow his 03 vinson and i noticed on his if i dont push the foot brake all the way down it will not shift into park (will not shift into park if you pull hand brake mabee need to be tightend?)

btw his is an automatic

The rear brake needs to be fully engaged in most cases, try the foot pedal and hand brake. May need to be readjusted.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By William Edwards
      Hello,
      I'm new to the site.  My son and I have decided to bring back our old quad from the dead.  Does anyone know where we can purchase a cylinder kit for it.  I think it's a 1986, but will have to check the VIN to be sure.
      The last time it ran, it was tapping and smoking pretty bad.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks!
    • By Wayne Starz
      I have a 2005 Suzuki Vinson 500cc automatic 4X4. I can only shift it in to park & High gear, it will not go in low or reverse, what's the issue & the fix?
    • By Gary Skriba
      just got a 99 Kawasaki bayou replace the coil because the spark was very weak still have the same issue before it would start after a while that it would start everyday as long as you started it every day but if you let it set you play hell starting it looking for information on what could possibly be wrong maybe the CDI box not sure any help would greatly be appreciated thank you
    • By Stephanie Webb
      please help cant figure out how to bypass rev limiter in my suzuki quad master 500
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alois Specht
      Hi there , have a KAZUMA 500 JAGUAR the rear diff is permanently locked , how can I get it out of lock just about tried everything I think, ?? .  Thank you your help is appreciated.

• By mrfartsalot
      i have a 2001 suzuki quadmaster 500 4x4 that the primary cvt clutch is rusted on any ideas on how to get it off i want to try to reuse it if possible.
    • By Paul Maple
      I have a 1999 Sportsman  500, it was running fine, than started to lose power in the winter, I adjusted the idle screw and away I went, than a few weeks ago it died, I have found that i am flooding the engine, compression was at 70PSI and due to the compression release mech. i assume i am good as it compared to the same PSI on a 2000 sportsman 500 i have. i cannot start the atv unless i go full throttle and it starts an runs for about 30 sec than dies, again it is flooded. i ordered a new carb off ebay as i could get one for around $40. put that in same issue, i have checked the timing, (good), valves out of adjustment i adjusted to .006 still same issue, i have found the exhaust lobe and rocker arm to have some wear, i have ordered new ones, but am looking for any other input in this area as well. would the exhaust cam and rocker arm cause the engine to flood? i have used a bore scope and the piston liner has good cross hatching still? any input would be great.
    • By colin james
      View File 1996-2000 Polaris Sportsman 335/500 Service Manual
      This is the factory service manual for the polaris sportsman 335 & 500.
      You can download the section you need  or download all of the chapters for the complete manual 
      Submitter colin james Submitted 10/19/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By colin james
      This is the factory service manual for the polaris sportsman 335 & 500.
      You can download the section you need  or download all of the chapters for the complete manual