Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

tonyblue

1994 Suzuki LTF250 - Carb Trouble

I bought a well used 94 LTF 250. When I started to repair and service it, 1 of the legs in the carb that hold the float had been JB welded. I could not find a body for a Mikuni BST 31 SS anywhere. I buddy had a mikuni round slide, I believe a VM series. It fit so I installed it with a small electric fuel pump. Did Suzuki switch to fuel pumps in 90 because of a lower tank design? It started instantly with no choke. To rich? Runs to rich everywhere but wide open. I lowered needle but still rich. Any ideas? Can the needle jet be changed? How can I identify what Mikuni I have? Should I give up and keep trying to find a BST carb?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

You can also try contacting Sudco International. These guys are great with setting up carbs and specialize in Keihin and Mikuni carbs. They hooked my buddy up when he did the mods on his FCR 39 for his LTZ 400. Heres the link for the carb page. I never attached a link before so let me know if it doesnt work or you can just type Sudco International Good luck, I hate carb issues. They will drive you crazy. :confused:

Sudco International - Carburetors and Induction

I have fixed several of thease machines. The electric pump might be to much fuel. I use the briggs&stratton vaccum pumps, they just pump when the engine is cranking.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sonders
      It appears that the Service Manual thread at top of forum is dead as all the links no longer work.  I'm actually looking for service manual for a 2000 KVF300 Prairie that I just picked up.  Does anybody have link to one that they can share, or know where I can find one?  Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By Walter Awe
      I HAVE a 2002 big bear 400 4x4. I have two wires atacking to the front of the carb. What are they for?
    • By Freezeman
      Thought i would share a fix that I came across. I was working on a 99 scambler 500, The customer complaint was that even with the fuel shut off the tank would slowly drain out onto the ground. First I found the fuel shut off was bad/ leaking/ dripping so I installed a new one thinking that would fix it. Then I ran it and and seen that the overflow was flowing fuel out from the bowl. So I cleaned the needle and seat and changed the float height to lower the fuel level in the bowl. Well... It still overflowed and flooded. So I bench tested the needle and seat with a pop off tester. I found that these newer style needle and seats just utilize an o-ring to install the brass seat into the carb.
      The o-ring for the seat had hardened up allowing fuel into the float bowl from under the seat. New o-ring and problems solved.  

• By colin james
      2012-2014 Sportsman 400/500 factory service manual
      View File This is the factory service manual for multiple models of the years 2012-2014  sortsman 400/500 including hd edition's.
      Submitter colin james Submitted 08/13/2019 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By oxidized_black
      these are what i have in my collection ... always looking for more
      1985 - 1995 Polaris All Models Service Manual
      1996 - 1998 Polaris All Models Service Manual
      1996 - 2003 Polaris Sportsman & Xplorer 500 Service Manual
      1996 - 2003 Sportsman 400 & 500 ~ Xplorer 500 Service Manual
      1999 - 2000 Polaris All Models Service Manual
      2001 Polaris 90 Service Manual
      2001 Polaris Scrambler 50 ~ 90 Sportsman Service Manual
      2001 Polaris Sportsman 500HO Parts Manual
      2001 Polaris Sportsman 500 Parts Manual
      2002 - 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 & 700 Servive Manual
      2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 Service Manual
      2003 - 2005 Polaris Magnum 330 Service Manual
      2003 Polaris Predator 500 Service Manual
      2003 Polaris Predator Parts Manual
      2003 Polaris Trail Blazer 250 Service Manual
      2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330 Service Manual Part I
      2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330 Service Manual Part II
      2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330 Service Manual Part III
      2004 Polaris Predator 500 Owner's Manual
      2004 Polaris Sportsman Owner's Manual
      2005 Polaris 400 & 500 Sportsman Service Manual
      2005 Polaris 700EFI Owner's Manual
      2005 Polaris 800EFI Owner's Manual
      2005 Polaris Sportsman 400 Parts Manual
      2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 Parts Manual
      2005 Polaris Sportsman 6x6 Owner's Manual
      2005 Polaris Sportsman 700EFI & 800EFI Service Manual
      2005 Polaris Sportsman 800 Twin EFI Parts Manual
      2006 - 2007 Polaris Outlaw 500 Service Manual
      2007 Polaris 700 800 800x2 EFI Service Manual
      2007 Polaris Ranger 700EFI 6x6 Parts Manual2007 Polaris Ranger 700 4x4 & 6x6 Service Manual
      2007 Polaris Ranger XP 4x4 Service Manual
      2007 Polaris Sportsman 450 & 500EFI - 500X2EFI Service Manual
      2007 Polaris Sportsman 700 800 - 800EFI Service Manual
      2008 Polaris Sportsman 500EFI & 500x2 Service Manual
      2008 Polaris Ranger 6x6 700EFI Parts Manual
      2008 Polaris 800 RZR Service Manual
      2008 Polaris Sportsman 700x2 - 800EFI - 800 Touring Service Manual
      2009 Polaris 850HD EPS Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Outlaw 450 & 525 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Outlaw 90 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Predator 50 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Ranger 2x4 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Ranger 4x4 Crew Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Ranger 500 2x4 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Ranger 500EFI 4x4 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Ranger 500EFI 4x4 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Ranger 700 4x4 Crew Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Ranger 700 4x4 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Ranger INTL Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Ranger RZR 170 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Scramber 500 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Sportsman 300 & 400HO Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Sportsman 450 & 500X2 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Sportsman 6x6 800 Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Sportsman 800EFI & 800EFI Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Sportsman 550XP Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Sportsman 850XP Service Manual
      2009 Polaris Trail Boss - Trailblazer 330 Service Manual
      2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Service Manual
      2011 Polaris Ranger RZR S Service Manual
      2011 Polaris Ranger RZR SW Service Manual
      2012 Polaris Sportsman 400 Service Manual

Visit the Polaris Service Manual Section: https://www.quadcrazy.com/files/category/7-polaris-atv/ 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Reece K.
      I just recently bought a 1994 Yamaha Timberwolf 4x4 from a buddy who had the wheeler sitting in his garage for 7 years. I got it home and fired it up pushed it out of the garage and tried to shift it and it wouldn't shift. First it would click like it was shifting, but the wheeler wouldn't move and when I hit the gas it revved up like I was in nuetral. After trying some more it became stuck in 1st gear and wouldnt shift at all. But it later broke loose agian and acts like it is in neutral again. I took the motor off the machine to make it easier to work on.After asking friends they were convinced it was a clutch problem but after opening up the casing for the clutch I don't see anything out of the ordinary and am concerned that it may be a transmission problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
    • By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By M0BJT
      Hi Everyone
      This is my first post and I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me solve a problem I have with my Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 Fitted with a Mikuni Carburetor . The year of the quad is around 1998, the reason I am not sure of the date is, there wasn't any paperwork and no details on the frame either.
      The quad had a bad leak from the carb overflow which indicated that the float needle valve was blocked or passing so I replaced this and put everything back together. The quad ran really well until I took it onto some rough ground to have a ride around, a few hours later the engine started to run really rough as if the engine was flooding. I have removed the carb again and cleaned the needle valve out and the whole of the carb just in case there where any dirt behind it. Engine now runs fine again but fuel has started to run out the carb overflow again.
      I have tried everything to try and stop the fuel leaking out the overflow but its still happening. My last thoughts where to adjust the float level and its still happening.
      Has anyone got any thoughts on the problem or could suggest whats causing the fuel leaking out the overflow.
      Thanks for reading
      Kevin
    • By Wonderwoman
      Hello, well back to where I was last year with this carb. Took my 250 to the mountains for the first time this year and blue smoke, too much gas again. I can't believe that this carb gives me this much trouble. Seems like the choke is stuck but the cable moves freely. Anyone else ever experience this issue? Do you think a new choke cable would maybe resolve this?http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/images/smilies/arghh.gif
      OK it was the choke. Put on all new cable and plunger and she is running 100% again. So now the question is, is the carb getting worn out where the plunger needle goes in the small hole and when I use the choke the needle end doesn't get lined back up with the hole?? We'll see how it runs and now that I know what the issue is I can always pull the choke plunger out and reinstall if I start having this issue again.
    • By ej200421
      i was wondering if i could get some help. i been trying to locate where the fuel and air adjustment screws are located on my 95 kodiak 400. i think i found the fuel screw.. i know where the throttle adjuster is but i cant find the air screw. or is there an air adjustment on these carbs?