Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I raced dirt bikes when i was younger and now i would rather get into quads. Im 19 and i dont have a lot of money, but i am aware i have to spend a lot to be competitive. Im planning on buying a quad soon and riding this summer and taking my time putting money into it and developing my skills before i race maybe around next summer.

So knowing that, what quad would you recommend?? Im looking at the Yamaha YFZ450, Suzuki LTR450, or the Honda TRX450. Which one is better for beginners with race expierence but on bikes, easier to work on?? Any other information would be great too! Thanks a Bunch! -Cody

i would say go with the honda 1 because it is gonna require lower maintence and they r actually rather easy to work on..... ive heard tht the yammi is just slightly faster but u gotta think wat good is tht lil bit of extra speed gonna do for you if ur having to shell out all the cash u got to fix the dang thing all the time.... and you could easily get the trx to the same speed ........ honda all the way imo

I raced dirt bikes when i was younger and now i would rather get into quads. Im 19 and i dont have a lot of money, but i am aware i have to spend a lot to be competitive. Im planning on buying a quad soon and riding this summer and taking my time putting money into it and developing my skills before i race maybe around next summer.

So knowing that, what quad would you recommend?? Im looking at the Yamaha YFZ450, Suzuki LTR450, or the Honda TRX450. Which one is better for beginners with race expierence but on bikes, easier to work on?? Any other information would be great too! Thanks a Bunch! -Cody

Hey Cody Ive always figured it not the quad but the rider !! I`ve got friends that have 400ex`s that will kick ass on anyone on a 450 !! Only because they have more skill !! just a thought !:biggrin:

they are all good machines its what feels better for you. if your not comfortable on it your not going to ride well. and i agree with quadnut. you can have the best quad money can by but if they don t have the skills it doesn t matter.

Good Luck! My only advice is don't wait a year before you start racing. Start at some local amateur events and participate even if you loose bad you still gained some experience on the track and at the line.

Edited by swampcat07
Can't Spell

run what u brung and get out there and get some experience. upgrades and bikes will fall naturally into the order of things if you make it a serious passion

run what u brung and get out there and get some experience. upgrades and bikes will fall naturally into the order of things if you make it a serious passion

:cheers2c:

Whatever you prefer. Can't say Yamaha is better than Honda, Suzuki, etc. It's what you want.

Yes if you go with the Yamaha you will also gain alot of mechanic experience «<hiding from Oxy>»

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

It's all.about fun. Go sit on every make you can, they all feel different. Get what suits YOU not just what everyone else says to buy. Every machine is so different. Good luck in finding what you want.

Get a yamaha YFZR or a suzuki LTR if you want to be able to race it stock, get a honda if you dont mind spending 4000 on it to get it race ready..