Quantcast

Stay away from 4 Stroke Tech

I just read through this whole thread,and I think it should be titled "Stay away from 4 Stroke Tech,if you are a hot head". LOL

At the first part of this thread he says he was warned about me. What that means is if you are a dick head to me and talk to me like dirt I'm not going to be nice to you. I build high performance motors because I like to,I enjoy it,I live for it! But if you are a hot head and start telling me how to run my business and try to push me to do something I can't do,then heed the warning and stay away. I don't like dealing with this kind of stuff and I may come across harsh when someone trys to bully me, but like I said I like building cool fast motors and I can't do that when you are a dick head to me. Do I understand everyone wants everything yesterday,yes. We all live with this microwave mentality in these days,but that doesn't mean it's going to happen that way in the real world with real problems. I think Mr. Alleva is starting to learn from this,I hope, or he'll go through it again and again until he does.

Engine building is a tuff business to be in,if it were easy everyone would be doing it. This marks my 25th year in business as Four Stroke Tech,but I have been building my own motors and worked for other performance shops for 40 years. Hopefully everyone see's what has happen here and learns from it. Mr. Alleva did things wrong and it now has cost him way more money then it would have, 3 more months, and he still isn't riding.

Edited by Mickey_Dunlap

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Andyjack
      Hi everyone new to this forum, i just got a LT80 for kids to learn on but can’t get it started. There is a spark but not very good so changed coil but got one with separate cdi so wouldn’t work cleaned car but still no joy. Fuel is getting in as plug is always wet. Im baffled. Like i say there is a spark i was thinking timing might of slipped so going to try that. any help please really appreciate it.
    • By Gwbarm
      I have a 1987 TRX 250,  it has been  very reliable except for this starting issue. I have replaced the starter and gears numerous times and still having problems. I think the last time was maybe 2 years ago and this Quad is used very little. Starter works fine, when you go to start it it goes clunk, clunk, clunk, blah and usually starts. If it doesnt start after blah, it not going too. Like i said earlier, last time i replaced the starter and gears and virtually no change except it would start everytime, but it always sounds like something broke right before it starts. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem with the 250. One other note, the kickstarter does not work, and never has as long as i have owned it, could that have anything to do with it.
    • By Makj44
      As it should be easy to see I am not a four wheeler mechanic so I apologize for asking for help, I replaced my OEM carburetor with a aftermarket carburetor and with y’all’s help adjusted the air/ fuel and it ran great until this evening and I noticed a smell of fuel I inspected carburetor area and found a steady flow at the vent line on the bottom of the carburetor so my question is is the float the only thing that will cause this problem? Before I installed the carburetor I checked the jets for tightness and they all seemed fine?
    • By BlueBowtie
      Is it possible to put a motor from a big bear 350 into a timberwolf? Reason I ask is that I have a timberwolf with a bit of a rod knock, and I have big bear with a bad rear end and axle with a good motor. So, is it possible?
    • By n4cer26
      Just bought a non-running 425 Magnum 6x6. Guy said previous owner had motor rebuilt (3 years ago or so.) It reportedly ran great but recently the electric start began failing and he put a new recoil on it which he broke immediately.

I get it home and put a new recoil on it and the pull is incredibly hard....so much so that I think I'm going to break the new recoil assembly. I also installed a new starter which won't roll it over either.

I'm thinking maybe a hydro-locked situation so I pull the plug and the motor rolls over fine with both pull start and electric start. The cylinder was dry however.

Checked the valve lash and it was right on at .0006".

Checked the compression relief spring on the end of the cam and the spring was strong and keeps the metal piece against the dowel like it should. The cam lobes look good from what I can see.

I have a small camera that I dropped into the cylinder. Could t get a pic of the entire chamber because of the angled engine but there are marks on the center piston and a couple of grooves once side of the piston top. I will include the photo.

Anyway....I'm at a total loss at this point. Not sure how to proceed and diagnose. Would sure appreciate anyone's help who might know what the heck is going on! I was able to get it to turn over about 5 times with electric start with compression tester installed which read 145 lbs. I don't know what else to do!

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk