Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Jons450r

05 450r have some questions

ok well im new to the 450r ive had a 300ex an old big red 3-wheeler and a kawi. mojave 25o(big p.o.s. ever) but my questions about the 450r are prettty simple its got a full fmf exhuast and axle,bearings,sprockets and im not sure what else i got it the way it is but when i ride it when i let off the throttle it pops back thru the exuast im just wonderin if thats cheap gas or supposed to be that way or what its the first quad ive had that actually has some real power and upgrades so im just looking for info lol thanks for th help

If its not backfiring and its just popping its not really a big deal, and pretty normal. Most 450r's do that, if you really don't like it you can put a richer pilot jet in though. (that's what i did, stopped the popping that i hated so much..)

thats exactlywhat its doin is poppin once or twice when i let off from high throttle i was just wondering if it was a major problem or not it doesnt really bother me much tho lol.. another question tho i know these 450rs dont really like to run at low seepds and lug around trails but would that couase it to just cut off goin down the trail i was following my buddy and he was riding like a baby haha and my bike kept cutting off i was just wonderin why it was doin that?

Those loud pops mean you're running lean, which isn't good for the motor. And I'm not sure about that one, I can ride mine at idle without touching the clutch or throttle

If you are running to lean and putting around on the trails your quad is poss getting the fuel to hot in the carb. My buddies does that. He richened up the air fuel mixture and was fixed.

Hijacked - What should the EGT be on a Honda 400EX with the a/f mixture set correctly? I have a non contact thermometer I use to find non firing cylinders on diesels. Was wondering if I can use it for my quad.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

well heres another problem ive never messed with these kinda carbs and stuff before an i dont wanna mess it up so how wouold i go about goin up one size in the pilot jet and im not even sure what size it is now as i just got the quad the way it is......an side note anyone know who has cheap shorty front fenders lol mine are missing and i whant some shorty ones