Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

predrider305

2 Problems at the same time

Took my 05 for a ride yesterday after getting it dynoed and tuned and it scared me. I had a dead empty tank before I started it (brother needed gas ) and when I was riding it at steady throttle I could feel it giving up a little and it was popping way more and backfiring on decel. I was riding with a friend who was also having problems with his quad when mine just gave up and died in 5th gear so I pulled in the clutch and popped it in 4th so it would start. It started and seemed to run fine after a while at a stop sign talking and worrying. Seemed to not "give up" on steady throttle after a while. I was thinking this all could be the result of a dirty carb since I had an empty tank (all the garbage at the bottom). Any input?

Part 2 : Ever since before the dyno and tune my quad ticks steadily when I'm letting it out of first gear. Why would this be happening?

Its a 2005 Honda 450r with a pro circuit full exhaust, k&n filter, no lid, no pre filter, and sprockets.

Took my 05 for a ride yesterday after getting it dynoed and tuned and it scared me. I had a dead empty tank before I started it (brother needed gas ) and when I was riding it at steady throttle I could feel it giving up a little and it was popping way more and backfiring on decel. I was riding with a friend who was also having problems with his quad when mine just gave up and died in 5th gear so I pulled in the clutch and popped it in 4th so it would start. It started and seemed to run fine after a while at a stop sign talking and worrying. Seemed to not "give up" on steady throttle after a while. I was thinking this all could be the result of a dirty carb since I had an empty tank (all the garbage at the bottom). Any input?

Part 2 : Ever since before the dyno and tune my quad ticks steadily when I'm letting it out of first gear. Why would this be happening?

Its a 2005 Honda 450r with a pro circuit full exhaust, k&n filter, no lid, no pre filter, and sprockets.

I`m assuming it ran fine on the dyno? then i would think it was dirt from the tank in which case youll have to tear it down and clean it !!

I rememberf it running fine also, thats why I'm puzzled. Hope its that, gonna clean the carb asap

Its either that or a wire could be loose !

Sounds like a dirty carb or blocked fuel filter. Make sure to let us know how it turns out. Good luck

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By bradley nelson
      Im cool with the police in my area so i can ride on public roads.
    • By barracuda420
      Hi, I'm new to ATV/UTV's and am looking for any advice that would help to repair my 2018 Ranger 500.  I got it from an insurance auction and have never owned one before.
      It looks like it was sunk deep.  Found rocks and sand in the roof, milky oil in the air filter box, water in the fuse box, etc.
      So far, I've cleaned the air box out, vacuumed most of the rocks and sand, checked the engine, trans and diff casings for cracks/leaks.
      The battery would not charge while connected so I know there is some short somewhere...probably the wet fuse box.

I plan on drying out the fuse box and all connectors with a hairdryer tomorrow, check the fuses, remove/dry out the ECM and disassemble/clean the air intake.  Then install the battery and see if i can get it to key on and see what kind of lights I get.
      Need to know what to expect with the engine/trans...
      Thanks.

• By Roy Anderson
      I have a 2002 Suzuki LT-F500F, and am a first time atv  owner. I rode two wheel bikes for many years, and now, two months in to being a new at owner, am just not enamored with the thumb throttle, and I’m wondering if anyone has tried a conversion to a typical twist grip throttle as found on all motorcycles? If so, how do you like it?
    • By BAMFUPINYA
      Any current Northern AZ folks out there on this forum? Im up in Flagstaff. Any organized rides anyone knows of?
    • By Quadtriumph
      Was looking for people to tell me some of the better trails around provo? Maybe meet up and ride. Thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Xyla Cat
      View File 2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
      2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
      Submitter Xyla Cat Submitted 08/25/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV  
    • By Xyla Cat
      2008 Kawasaki KFX 450R Service Manual
    • By 2 fast 4 u
      So i recently bought a Honda TRX 450r 05 kick start model i am the 3rd owner. this bike ripped when it was running but i ceased it.I freed up the piston but there is little compression now. i think i ran it out of oil but it was like 20hrs or so since the last oil change. My real question is that i heard you have to rebuild the top end every 15 hours is this true? Now i have bought a new big bore kit to replace the cylinder and the piston but i dont really want to have to rebuild it every 15hrs.
    • By Jw7054
      Alright so I know that they all have their goods and bads. My options are the raptor 660 or 700(probably 700), ds650, outlaw 525, predator 500, or trx700. Before you rant and say this one is the period, I will have a budget of around $3000 tops. So that is however much I spend. After buying a raptor(660), ds650 and predator, I would have at absolute most $1000 dollars left. How ever with the raptor 700, outlaw 525, and trx I would be surprised to have any money left over. Now the extra money
      Now what I know, the ds650 is a pig stock, needs uncorked and tuned and has no reverse but can be a beast and rides good, the raptor 700 is a wheelier and way better than the 660 but neither can hill climb very well, the 660 is tippy and weaker and hard to tune. The outlaw is fast and expensive but rides like a dream but can't power slide, the predator is okay. Good power good shocks, just a good quad but has some reliability issues. And the trx700xx that is a dream but is like 4k and don't come up from sale much. Correct me if I am wrong with any of these statements. So which would u choose AND WHY, I don't give a shit that u can owned a Yamaha since they started making em, why would u choose the one u chose. Thanks, and yes I did post this on multiple forums to get more views and more responses.
      Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk