Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

zancat

Arctic Cat 250 1999 model - Boot issue

I got a branch stuck up under my back axle on the right side and it sheared the boot closet to the tire off. The guy at the atv place said I'd have to take the boot off on the inside too, because that's the way they designed it. I'm hoping this is bull crap, and I only have to fix the one. Either way, I bought new boots and bands for each on the back right side. I need to buy a banding tool with a cutter next, to complete the ensemble.

My question is, how hard of a fix is this? I was going to ask my uncle if he could do it. I know it'll be a greasy mess, but is it simple? I don't want it to get torn apart just to end up being hauled over to the garage. I want to get some use out of it this summer, since I spent a good penny on new front tires for it this spring, along with brand new oil/filter, and spark plug. It does me no good sitting in the barn looking dejected and forlorn.

Well you have a older model but on the new ones I know it is not a big job just take your time and make sure to property torque down the axel nut with some red loctite. and replace the cotter pin with a new one. There are some maintenance manuals in the pinned section above. I would check them out before starting the job.

I know with newer models to replace an outboard boot (closest to the tire) you do indeed have to remove the inboard boot (diff side) Fortunately I have only torn up inboard boots so far :biggrin: but now I am sure I jinked myself :unsure:

Mike

Thanks, I'll have to get the red loctite, and see if a new cotter pin came with what I bought or if I need to buy one.

It should be an easy job and if you get stuck take a break and stop in and ask questions. The are repair manuals posted in the pinned section.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Gilbey
      Does everyone run the tire pressure as stated on tires or perhaps a couple # below to soften the ride a little?
    • By Richard Paradise
      My 1997 Beg Bear got stuck in 2nd Gear when parked on slight hill, otherwise in perfect shape. Trying to get it into neutral, by rocking it back and forth won't release out of gear.
      Any suggestions, It's my work horse and I keep it in to shape, got to get it running..
    • By Shawn Hurt
      I have a 2013 KQ I bought it new but rolled it a few years ago. I have replaced the left lower A-arm and left tie rod, the steering is still a little sketchy as I just eye balled the alignment. But the major issue is the left front tire cambers out at the top and has wore the tire bald. Tires have about 2000 miles on them but other 3 are half tread and left front is a slick.. I can not see anything else bent and don't know what to do..  
    • By ATVNetwork
      Introducing the 2020 Yamaha XT-R editions of ATV and Side-by-Side vehicles featuring exclusive XT-R features like a factory-installed Warn Winch, advanced suspension, special-edition paint and color-matched wheels with extreme terrain tires, all Assembled in the USA for unmatched Proven Off-Road capability, comfort, and confidence. 
      YXZ1000R SS XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yYXZXTR 
      Wolverine X2 XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yX2RSXTR
      Wolverine X4 XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yX4XTR
      Grizzly EPS XT-R: https://yamaha.us/yGrizXTR

View full post
    • By Steve Howard
      Ran find shut down the quad next day would start and idle when you try to accelerate it would start popping through the carb got a rebuild kit soaked it in chem clean after break down for 12 hours on slow vibrate reassembled and adjusted per manual still the same thing any help would be really appreciated thanks and happy ridding  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By Kyboy
      Iam looking for help seperating the rear brake drum and the cover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate
    • By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By crazynordlander
      Hi All,
      I live in Minnesota and bought a 2016 CFORCE 500 HO. I am in hope to see if there is anyone in the US that is experiencing this sudden drop off in RPM below 4000 RPM. I have uploaded some videos of my issue on YouTube. I will list three of the four I posted. The fourth can be found on my channel but it is a comparison between my Polaris 570 and my CFORCE 500.
      I quit on my first dealer because we just did not mix well together. I brought it to another CFMOTO dealer that just became a CFMOTO dealer in January 2016. They are in a large ranch and agriculture area in a neighboring state that is pretty close to where I live. They have close to every brand available. They are a much larger dealer than the first one I bought the unit from.
      I brought the unit three weeks ago to them and they have worked on it a good solid week and have given up on it. I have read reports from owners in Canada that the dealers there were aware of the issue and have had success in fixing the herky jerky drivability issue.
      I am picking it up tomorrow and bringing it back home. It has been to the trails of the Black Hills this year and was new in late April. 300 miles on it. It has never changed. Very hard to ride on the trails or when I herd livestock.
      Here are the links to my videos.

I can't accept that this is normal operation. Does anyone from CFMOTO China scan these posts?
      I need help that CFMOTO USA has not provided.
      Thanks
      Kevin