Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I recently got a Kazuma 250 I think. I installed new battery and key assembley its only turning on when its connected to the charger.when it is on it shakes back and forward . It rolls backwards . I try to give it gas but it shuts off . Do I need a new alternator so it will cut on with out being connected to the charger

Also I got some B-12 Carb cleaner and it seemed like it helped a little

****Pictures are on my page I couldn't load them from my phone

ALSO IT BEEN SITTING FOR I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG SO SHOULD I LET IT RUN AND LET THE CARB CLEANER GO THRU THE SYSTEM

i would try to get it running fairly smooth first and see if you have the same problem with the forward motions. you could check the drive belt in the meantime and see if its worn and/or narrowed with wear. it seems the chinese brands electrical harness and components are not as reliable as the japanese. i would just try and get it running smooth and go from there, and yes, run the carb cleaner thru the carb and hopefully you won't need a rebuild kit or alot of heavy duty cleaning by dis-assembly ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ellery Zandt
      I have no idea where the antifreeze line coming off the thermostat goes too. The carb two nipples in the pic create a vacumme. Can someone help me on this please....!!! my email direct is [email protected]!!!!
    • By Ellery Zandt
      Does anyone have a redcat 250 or falcon 250cc that they can share where the two vacuum lines on the carburetor that you run antifreeze through I honestly have no idea where the lines are suppose to go to circulate the antifreeze. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

• By wendi loden
      I replaced the fuel pump filter and it ran great for a week or so. Then while driving across the yard in 3rd gear it shut off and hasn't started since. It has fire and its getting fuel, all fuses are good, battery fully charged. The fuel pump relay seems to be warmer than it should be when spinning it over. Any help is appreciated!
    • By Mike Johnson
      Does anyone know what the 3rd item is behind the battery on this ATV ? I know 1 is the,  solenoid1 is the CDI box, what is the 3rd.
    • By Flipper Tiffany Roper Jones
      All I have been through everything. Bought brand new.
      Throttle safety switch 
      Cam and rockers
      ECM
      Carborator
      Stator
      Fuel safety switch 
      Battery
      Everything every forum has spoken of I've bought sealed airbox completely tight unplugged black wire on trans. I have literally done everything in the book.Checked oil today full of gas anyone no anything what might b wrong. Next I'm taking head off and making sure valves seat any ideas.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By utvboard
      UTV Crap has introduced an alternator kit for the Kawasaki Teryx that quickly and reliably boosts your Teryx charging capacity. With an additional 60 amps, there is no more worrying about adding lights, stereos or heated seats.
      UTV Crap Teryx 750 60 Amp Alternator Kit.
      Smaller 60 Amp Alternator
      Easy 1 Wire Hook Up
      2 Cog Style Pulleys for Less Horse Power Loss and Less Stress on the Crank
      Heavy Duty Cog Style BeltCustom Billet Crank Mounts
      $474.95 Complete Kit Ready to Bolt on!
      UTV Crap also has an alternator kit for the Yamaha Rhino for $349.95
      About UTV Crap:
      UTV Crap sells, manufactures and installs: parts, accessories and suspension kits for all major UTVs. UTV Crap is located in Phoenix, AZ can can be reached online at www.utvcrap.com or by calling 623.934.3070

https://www.utvguide.net/new-alternator-kit-for-the-kawasaki-teryx/
    • By atvfarm
      Ok Im new here. I was given a cougar 250 and i put a new carb on it and it will idle great but anything above low rpms spits and sputters. also is this thing suppose to have a fuel pump or just gravity feed from petcock?
    • By atvfarm
      Ok Im new here. I was given a cougar 250 and i put a new carb on it and it will idle great but anything above low rpms spits and sputters. also is this thing suppose to have a fuel pump or just gravity feed from petcock?
    • By partsman193509
      My 500 4x4 only works if shift lever is pushed forward, I understand that there is a switch in the shifter box that goes bad and am wondering if this could be the problem and is there any way to check it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    • By wbholoch
      Hi all, I don't recall the year but I have two Kazuma Coyotes 90cc for my kids. One is fine the other one slips in forward gear to the point it won't run.
      Before I tear into this anyone have an idea of gear box adjustment or what type this is? Direct drive, band type?
      Any advice is appreciated since the kids are not very patient taking turns with one running go kart.
      Thanks for the time.