Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mb1968

Winch Mounting Bolt Pattern

This is just an FYI, the 2012 Brute Force 300 4x2 has a Warn winch mounting plate factory installed. Now they say in their website and brochures it accepts warn winches, but no other winches are listed. I am here to tell you that i have mounted a Superwinch LT3000 with no problems at all as far as installation, the Superwinch bolted right up quite nice to the Brute Forces mounting plate. Just an FYI !!! As this is the new Kawasaki Brute Force 300 4x2.

I'm in the process of buying a winch for my 500 Foreman. Why did you choose a Superwinch vs Warn. I'm looking at a 2500#. Your thoughts please.

I just recently bought 2 Warn XT30s with cordless remotes and thay are good with plenty of pull

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIanY-Zuu_w&feature=plcp]WARN winch xt30 on Honda Rincon 680 - YouTube[/ame]

This is for Wschamp. Bought the Superwinch because i think its a better winch than the the warn. I paid 123.00 for a 3000lb winch from Superwinch @ amazon.com My brand new rt1500 warn was good for only pulling small things out of my way, plus i got stuck and when i needed it to pull myself out it failed, would not even work. My opinion on a Warn is that all your buying is a name, and they are way overpriced 274.00 @ Rockymountain atv. Plus with the Superwinch you get a roller fairlead and a handheld remote. And another factor in my purchase of the Superwinch was i have a friend who has had one for 6 yrs and has had no problems with it. Hope this helps !!

Hello Everybody

I have a Kawasaki brute force 300, i live in France.

Could you post please photos of your atv with the superwinch please ?

Regards

I bought the 3500 Super Winch. I have a 1500 on a 300 Honda that I put on in 1999. I only had to use it about 6 times in that time period and it never let me down. Well satisfied. Paid $199

Ok thanks for the answer but which model number for the mounting plate please ?

On superwinch website there is no mounting plate for brute force 300 2012.

I ordered from ProMark Off Road online. You"ll need to Google them. What I ordered was: ATV Winch Mount: Honda Foreman 500 2012 WP-1503

And I stand to be corrected. I ordered a Superwinch Terra 25 ATV Winch 2500lb: $199

Aldo, Now this is my opinion ! I think Warn is in with Kawasaki to try and corner the market on aftermarket winch installation/sales ! All i did was compare the mounting pattern from the bike and the Warn winch ! I then went online to Superwinches web site and got their dimensions to see if they matched and they did. I ordered the winch from Amazon.com and paid around 127.00 ( to include shipping ) which is a pretty good deal for a 3000 lb winch. The mounting plate is already on the bike from the manufacturer. I installed mine with no problems at all !! I will post some photos for you to see. Do you like your bike ? I love mine, it has plenty of low - midrange power. Probaly the best 2wd atv if have ever ridden. I can go anywhere i need to go. Kawasaki hit this one out of the park.

You know i hate to admit it, but i really don't know how to post a picture on this website. I never have done it. If someone could help me out with this i will gladly post the pics !! Thanks if anyone can help me !!!

One more thing i forgot that is important !!! Your gonna have to trim the front grille fascia to mount the winch !!!!

You know i hate to admit it, but i really don't know how to post a picture on this website. I never have done it. If someone could help me out with this i will gladly post the pics !! Thanks if anyone can help me !!!

when you go to reply, click 'go advanced' and the page reloads with this screen and just click the paperclip and this will allow you to upload thumbnail pics from your pc ...

help.jpg

help.jpg.9d4cf0bf1fab5974b8424a472a33666e.jpg

winch mount pic

Turn your roller fairlead around so the bolts face down. It looks nicer and if a nut comes off the bolt, the bolt won`t drop out and you won`t lose your roller

eeeeehhhh heck with it, i got extra bolts, and i'm not to worried about looks.

Earthmover......That's a very good point & observation, I'm gonna have too flip mine over.

Hi

Thanks for your answer !

Yes i love my kawasaki Brute force 300 !

So if i understand i just have to buy a winch ? no need mounting pattern ? because she is already on the ATV ?

easiest way to mount a winch on a quad if you don't have any winch mount or metal to mount a winch is weld a thick peace of metal on your font either frame or bumper of your quad and attach the winch somewhere out of the sun and somewhere were rocks won't get in it or anything else that can damage the winch just remember if you have a 600 puns quad don't get a 700 pound winch get a winch that has a higher load rating then what your quad is get a 1000 puns rated or even a 2000 pound winch and on an tav don't be cheap with you winch it never works out well some winches at even harbor freight for a 1000 one is like 200 are better than some off brand ones for 500 and those types of off brands tend to brake way easier they won't even work with a little bit of dirt ,water ,mud etc

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.