Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

thefuzzman

2000 Suzuki Quadmaster 500 - Running At Half Power

Hey guys, brand new to the post.

I have a 2000 Quadmaster 500. Long story short, my atv wouldn't start this spring due to gummed carb. Pulled it apart and cleaned everything, and replaced float needle. Put everything back together, cleaned the fuel tank and put new fuel in her. She started great and idled fabulous. I went to go for a rip and found I only had half power. Flat out throttle and I only had maybe 10-15 miles an hour. It wasn't choking or flooding or running rough. It just felt like half power. HELP!!

take the jets out and spray them out and/or run a thin piece of wire thru the holes and see if that helps. you can also try spraying into the carb with carb clean if it will let you rev decent ....

^^^ I agree, the carb needs a good cleaning. Make sure ALL the tiny ports are cleaned out. An overnight soaking of all the parts & carb in carb cleaner wouldn't hurt if you know you can remember where everything goes for re-assembly. Also, check to make sure the main needle is still seated in the barrell and the snap ring @ retainer are in place. I've seen the tiny snap ring /adjuster clips on the needle fall off for no apparent reason.

Thanks guys, I was already figuring about tearing the carb apart again. I thought it might be throttle linkage as well. It just feels like I only have half throttle.

That's easy to check, pull the air box and boot off so you can see down the throat of the carb, then cycle the throttle to full. If the barrell tops out in the throat it's not linkage or cable adjustment.

That's easy to check, pull the air box and boot off so you can see down the throat of the carb, then cycle the throttle to full. If the barrell tops out in the throat it's not linkage or cable adjustment.

hey fuzzman I also have a 500 quad master I hope you find what wrong with yours, mine will idle but dies when you give it gas. I have changed the coil, plug, fresh gas clean the carb and replaced the hoses. someone said it may be the cdi box I am just about to quit. good luck with your quad master. Raybob in kentucky also replaced the key switch.

OK, after tearing the carb apart again, I noticed the diaphragm wasn't on properly. I checked it for tears and refit it. Cleaned everything again and put it back together. It will still idle, although a little rougher now. But now I can't give it any throttle. The moment I touch the throttle, and I mean just touch it, she dies dead. Buddy of mine figures the pilot jet still might be glazed, and that I should just replace it.

Raybob, I will let you know if this works, maybe that's what's getting you too.

OK, after tearing the carb apart again, I noticed the diaphragm wasn't on properly. I checked it for tears and refit it. Cleaned everything again and put it back together. It will still idle, although a little rougher now. But now I can't give it any throttle. The moment I touch the throttle, and I mean just touch it, she dies dead. Buddy of mine figures the pilot jet still might be glazed, and that I should just replace it.

Raybob, I will let you know if this works, maybe that's what's getting you too.

mine is doing the same thing thanks. Raybob dont replace the stuff I did because mine is do the same as yours

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.