Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Bud03420

2003 Suzuki Vinson outer cv boot replacement

ive read a couple forems about this but on diffrent machines dose the inner boot have to be remover to replace outter boot or can i just change outter boot also once ive removed boot how do i get the joint apart?

You should be able to do just the one boot. To get the joint apart, there may be a retainer clip holding it in place.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Finsdad
      Im new to the forum and the quad I just got. I want to change oil in in. Its almost impossible to find anything on-line. I know it takes 10w40 and know the oil filter location. What oil should I use? Is there a cross reference for oil filter. The closest dealer to me is an hour away. I have NAPA close and like the WIX or Napa gold filters. Also is where can I get a Manuel for it? Thanks
    • By w_r_e
      Can anyone point me to a good set of instructions for changing front diff oil on a 1987 Suzuki LT4WD? I can almost guess which bolts are drain & fill... but I've been wrong before... 😆 
      I found some partial posts on other forums and they linked out to dead images and whatnot. Any help appreciated. 
      This thing is running pretty good, got the front brakes back to life, electric start works fine, seat cover fixed up, plastics stitched back together...
      BEFORE (last week):

AFTER (today):

• By Belmontie
      Hi bought this quad with a few leaks and other issues which thanks to excellent advice from these forums I thought I’d sorted them till I washed it down and found oil underneath. 
      It is coming from the seal around the gear changer pedal as it looks like someone has banged the housing flat on one side. Knowing how easily aluminium is broken I don’t wanna risk tapping it back into shape. Would a new seal fit or would the distortion of the housing render it useless.
      thanks in advance 
    • By TheFieldJournal
      Hey Guys, 
      I picked up my first ever ATV on friday. It's an 89 Big Bear. It has some cosmetic issues, but seems pretty decent mechanically. I did have trouble getting the idle tuned to the book spec of 1,300 - 1,500 RPM. I took the carb apart and cleaned it out. Somebody must have lost the spring for the pilot screw, as it's no longer in the carb. Also, I have a dual cable carb, I noticed all the IPL's show the single cable carb, but I see others on youtube had dual cable carbs. When I would adjust my idle speed screw, nothing would happen. I bottomed it out and it didn't seem to make much if any difference. When i pulled the carb apart I saw the screw doesn't even touch the linkage, it's too short. Do the two different versions have different length carb screws? I'm wondering if somebody lost the ordinal, replaced it with the IPL number for a single cable carb which is shorter, and gave up on getting the ATV to idle. If you hold the throttle just a bit to get it to the RPM range listed above, it "idles" great. Any ideas? Or any links to the dual cable IPL?
      Have you guys have good luck with the aftermarket intake boots? Or is this a buy once, cry once deal? I'm guessing the OEM units last longer, but there is a huge price difference. If you have had good luck with aftermarket, where did you get it? My current boot doesn't seem to have any air leaks, but it's encased in JB weld... 
      I'm getting a 9th digit check sum error on the ATV when I put the VIN in. Has anybody seen this before on a Yamaha? The VIN  number looks original as well as the paint around it. 

Thanks, 

Scott

• By Thunt56
      How do I replace the pinion clutch shaft in a 1987 Suzuki LT230 quadrunner? It starts up on the first kick but when I put it in gear it wants to kick up. I can give it gas and put it in gear but my clutch lever isn’t doing anything. SOS
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Chayse Hill
      I have a 2003 LTZ 400 that i bought a few days ago. The quad was running fine until last night. I let my brother ride it down the street and back and i didnt notice anything etong with bike. Then my neighbors friend came over and said "can i ride it?" I said "sure" so he ripped it down the road all fine and when he got back it died right in front of us. My brother said it was dieing on him also. He also said that he wasnt using the clutch to shift. I told him he was an idiot. Im throwing that in there incase that caused a problem as well. But today i go to check it to make sure its getting fuel which it is and replaced the spark plug incase it wasnt getting spark but it is. So i started it and it was having a problem starting then i got started and was reving at idle high. So i took it around the block and it died on me a little bit down, so i try to restart it and it started so i kicked it into 1st and it kinda launched on me and started going with the clutch all the way in. Then it died right after and wasnt running right during that process and was idleing all over the place and just died and now i cant get it started it again. Before it would start without the choke or priming it. It would start real quick now i cant figure if it needs to be rejetted or something else. Air filter looks clean also. But any help would be gratelly appreciated!
    • By Racer944
      Hi Folks;
      Has anybody on here installed a winch on a 2003 Magnum 2x4? I am using a Cycle Country adapter plate (only one I could find), but am having a bit of trouble getting it all to fit properly, and am looking for someone that may have done this install and/or may have some pics of the installation.
      Thanks!
      Eric
    • By Wonderwoman
      Hello, well back to where I was last year with this carb. Took my 250 to the mountains for the first time this year and blue smoke, too much gas again. I can't believe that this carb gives me this much trouble. Seems like the choke is stuck but the cable moves freely. Anyone else ever experience this issue? Do you think a new choke cable would maybe resolve this?http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/images/smilies/arghh.gif
      OK it was the choke. Put on all new cable and plunger and she is running 100% again. So now the question is, is the carb getting worn out where the plunger needle goes in the small hole and when I use the choke the needle end doesn't get lined back up with the hole?? We'll see how it runs and now that I know what the issue is I can always pull the choke plunger out and reinstall if I start having this issue again.
    • By davidwestfall
      looking for direct shift shifting lever that properly fits my 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 and fits my foot the same as a stock 2003 Yamaha warrior 350 shifting lever fits my foot
    • By bogman
      Hi, does anyone know where to find the timing marks on the camshaft and how to orient them? I found the line on the crank and lined it up with the arrow on the case, but the only marks I can see on the cam are on the very end where the black plastic cap is. Are these the timing marks and if so how do you line them up?