Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Karbman

1984 Honda ATC 250R - Carburator Problems

I am new here. I just rebuilt the motor in my 1984 250R. it has a 72mm piston in it now and i dont think i am getting enough gas. any help at all is greatly appreciated. i dont know where to start with different jets, or if i need a different carb. Once again thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MarkinAR
      What is the opinion on carb kits? What's one of the better brands of aftermarket? OEM is always preferred but not practical, chinese cheapie is never a good option. 
      Thoughts ?
    • By bradleyheathhays
      So this '02 Taurus with only 87k miles on her starts right up every time multiple times a day except for twice in the last 3 weeks. The first time was 3 weeks ago and the second was today. It happened the same both times. Turn the key and stop to let the pump prime, then when I turn to the start position the engine turns real slow and sort of in fits. Usually when a battery is low the engine turns slow but in rhythm. During my 2 starts the engine barely seemed to turn and the crankshaft rpm seemed to vary. On both starting events I let off the key and tried to start 2-3 times with rests in between. But then eventually on the 4th try it starts right up just as quickly as a normal start.

I have No clue as to what might be causing this. Only thing I know to do is, next time it does this to put a voltage meter on the battery to see if it's weak. Actually though, because both events the engine ended up starting up like normal that would indicate something other than the batt. Electrically this car is a little odd though. The interior light never comes on when the doors are opened, for years, and then last week it comes on twice when one of the rear doors is opened.
    • By Kaj Colum
      Pushing the start button the engine turns and will forever without starting. But if I use the kick start it will start with one or two kicks everytime, any idea as to what is going on. New good battery and coil, I'm ready to try anything. It's a great bike, but this is getting anoying. Thank you.
    • By bradleyheathhays
      Last time I installed a remote start system it was on an old Dynasty whose wiring was too delicate to work on really. A couple weeks after installation it started ok but a ton of white smoke came from under the dash. I uninstalled the entire system and everything was fine after that.

So in picking out a starter for this '02 Taurus I want something simple that will work with this car well. The start systems I'm seeing are generally designed to do door locking and unlocking, trunk release, etc. As this car already has those functions on a fob I won't be using any function on any future remote start system other than the remote start.

Can anyone with knowledge of my car recommend a decent but low cost / low extra functions start system that would work well with my Taurus?

Thanks

• By Elijah Stone
      Hi all new to the forum I have a Yamaha Moto 4 champ (100cc?) (YFM100) so I've been trying to get this thing to start for awhile honestly I'm running out of ideas so I'll start with the things Ive replaced and done first it was not trying at all and then I put a brand new battery then the terminals broke so I bought some nice copper ones fixed that up so now battery is got good voltage and all that I have checked all the plugs cleaned everything off so anyway it still wasn't trying but I couldn't get the crank case off and I didn't think using fire was a good idea lol so I busted the crank case off on the left side(if you are sitting on it) wierdly enough the flywheel started spinning I thought it was odd but went with it then I replaced the spark plug still wasn't getting spark so I replaced the ignition coil then it was getting spark next the carburetor was really gross I cleaned it out still wasn't working so I in turn decided just to replace it with a new one so I did (PS I never figured out how the fuel lines hook up if someone wants to help with that to lol) also for good measure put a new air filter so then I pressing the button Everytime I replace something and nothing so then I think what if it's the stator so I have no idea what a good or bad stator looks like but me being to rough I broke the wires on the thing but still no changes the fly wheel spins gets compression (I think) getting spark from spark plug idk other tidbits that might be useful I don't have a clutch line so idk if that has something to do with it I do have the break zip tied in to bypass the safety feature also the throttle cable is in fact broken and I'm working on buying a new petcock for my gas tank because my current one is broke I have very limited money this is supposed to be a project before I go to school for welding and automotive tech so I don't have any money to get a mechanic lol but I'm pretty confident in my ability to do anything u suggest any suggestions are welcome I'll edit and submit pics
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By JenWal85
      Hope someone can help with this one.
      We took our 1984 Honda TRX 200 to the shop and they had it for about 2 weeks before they finally called and said that they had cleaned the carb and changed the battery and that it had started up.
      We went and got it and when we got home it would not start so we called them, they said bring it back in, so we did. They called us the next day and said they changed the spark plug, and that it was running. We went and got it again and it ran when we drove it off the truck.
      We parked it for about an hour because we were going to get ready to go on a ride. Well, it wouldnt start again.
      So we called them and they said the last thing they could do was order a new CDI box and put that on. I decided to just buy it myself, so I didnt have to pay them labor again. We put the new one on today and its still not starting.
      Does anyone have any ideas on what we could check to see what in the world is going on with this thing?
      Please and Thank you
    • By Kingquad1
      Hello I am new hear. I just purchased a 1998 Big Bear. It was sitting for 3yrs in storage. The guy I bought it from got the carb cleaned and it runs good. I am having problems with the neutral light. When I shift into neutral the light does not come on. If I mess with the gear shifter, I can get it to come on so I can start it. I can still pull the hand brake and start it that way. I cant find the neutral safity switch on this machine. Any suggestions would be great.
    • By atvinca
      I just picked up a really clean 1995 Moto 4 350. It runs great, but it will only go into one forward gear, neutral and reverse. I can run the shifter up and down and it will finally find a gear, or neutral. What should I do to trouble shoot this?
      Does anyone have a service/repair manual for this model?
      Thanks!
    • By bayouman
      I have a 1992 Kawasaki bayou 300 4x4. My initial problem it would not run unless full choke was on. So I tried cleaning carb and installed a rebuild kit and it ran bit better but not much. So I replaced carb and spark plug and regulator/rectifier. During testing of new carb the rectifier burned up so I replaced it. Now it fires up and idles fine but it backfires when you rev it up and then it will die as if the key was turned off. Now I know that the coil, cdi box, and stator are all connected. But I don't want to replace any unnecessary parts . This seems to be a ignition/electrical problem. I could really use some advice here as how to go about this. Thanks.
    • By Kamo
      i was given a 2003 Polaris trailblazer 250! I have tried 2 different carbs that I purchased off of eBay and they were garbage. Brilliantly Polaris discontinued the carb for the trailblazer, is their anything out there that is compatible??!