Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

hillbilly23

1999 Suzuki Quad Runner 500 Not Running

I BOUGH A 1999 QUADRUNNER 500 RODE IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR IT BACK FIRED AND STOP RUNNING THE BATTERY WAS DEAD AND COULDNT PULL START IT EITHER. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG WITH IT?:realmad:

pull the plug and see if you're getting spark, and check the carb and see if you're getting gas. the stator and or pick up coil may be gone if your battery is dead ...

charge the battery and see it it starts if it starts check your voltage regulator take the two screws out that hold the regulator on and see if it has a black spot on the back if it does thats your problem . Raybob

Could be as simple as the battery just fried, will it take a charge?

* Added manufacturer and issue into thread title.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By bradleyheathhays
      So this '02 Taurus with only 87k miles on her starts right up every time multiple times a day except for twice in the last 3 weeks. The first time was 3 weeks ago and the second was today. It happened the same both times. Turn the key and stop to let the pump prime, then when I turn to the start position the engine turns real slow and sort of in fits. Usually when a battery is low the engine turns slow but in rhythm. During my 2 starts the engine barely seemed to turn and the crankshaft rpm seemed to vary. On both starting events I let off the key and tried to start 2-3 times with rests in between. But then eventually on the 4th try it starts right up just as quickly as a normal start.

I have No clue as to what might be causing this. Only thing I know to do is, next time it does this to put a voltage meter on the battery to see if it's weak. Actually though, because both events the engine ended up starting up like normal that would indicate something other than the batt. Electrically this car is a little odd though. The interior light never comes on when the doors are opened, for years, and then last week it comes on twice when one of the rear doors is opened.
    • By Tim Orr
      Installed new battery was told that’s what was wrong when hit start button I hear 1 click then nothing?  Can the battery just not have enough amps to crank the starter the first time ? I trickle charged it overnight thought it was enough!
    • By Kaj Colum
      Pushing the start button the engine turns and will forever without starting. But if I use the kick start it will start with one or two kicks everytime, any idea as to what is going on. New good battery and coil, I'm ready to try anything. It's a great bike, but this is getting anoying. Thank you.
    • By Jon Emrich
      Does anybody out there have a link to the PDF manual download for a 1988 Suzuki Quadrunner LTD 4 x 4? If not does anybody have this on digital file they could possibly email to me or guide me in any direction to where I don't have to buy it? Thank you very much everybody in advance! Have a great day!
    • By marcus23934
      I just bought a 99 sportsman 335. did some work to it got it running good my question is when I put a battery in it the atv starts and idles great once I give it gas it just spits and cuts out and will not ever clear up  thing is if I take the battery terminal off while its running it runs fine and no problem at all  could anyone help me out with what the deal is 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By frankmako
      My 2005 Arctic Cat 500 started leaking fuel from the top right hand side of the carb. It looks and feels that the fuel is coming from under the throttle cable housing area just above the primer pump. I have not had time to take carb off. Has anyone had a leak on this side and area of their carb?
    • By RichUncleSkeleton
      Hello
      Just signed up, as I've had a recurring problem, and need some help.
      To start the bike I have to put the choke on all the way and 4 squeezes on the gas, Then as I push the start, I slow squeeze the throttle about half way for it to catch....If I miss it, then it will take 5 mins of slowly finding the sweetspot on the choke in unison with some throttle squeezes.
      Then I have to to hold the throttle to keep the bike going, using the choke will stall it out. after about 3 mins of holding the throttle, I then can let it go, and it idles fine, and runs fine. If it sits for a few hours it's only slightly hard to start, but a few days of sitting, and it's a lot more work.
      Had the bike serviced they couldn't figure it out. They swapped peticock, plug, new gas, all new lines, new throttle, and cable. Said the carb was fine, and clean. New air filter, said fuel pump was fine, no leaks around carb boots, new battery, new rectifier.
      Ran some sea foam through it....Runs Great.....Just such a pain to start...
      Thanks
    • By JPRICE1981
      Hello Everyone very new to working on ATVs and pretty sure Im getting ready to ask a stupid question !! but here goes !! should i have oil in my stator compartment on my suzuki 500 ?? this bike is backfiring bad and running rich when i pulled the plug to set it at TDC to check the valves I find that there is oil on the flywheel and Ive never seen this on any other ATV before any info would help !! Pretty sure I already know the answer but if you all could entertain me I would be greatfu !! THANKS IN ADVANCE !!