Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

hangingon

02 Prairie vs. 12 grizz 700

My good friend picked up a 2012 grizzly 700 with 20 hours on it for 5,000.00 it was a repo! The ride was smoother it felt lite in the front when turning my Prairie seems like a workout. Then it came down to you wanna run'em why not was my answer he was about a quad & 1/2 in front of me and said go and took off so I had to try and catch up & pass him and that didn't happen I caught up but didn't get by him. Round 2 he didn't get a jump start & my old Prairie took the win. I think the V-Twin engine just seems to have more torque over the single cylinder. I thought for sure he would win.

:yes:the V-twin in our prairies has more torque and a few more hp.. and it is alot more stable at high speeds in the woods and twisty trails .. it will also climb alot steeper hills with out wanting to roll over backwards .. it also has alot better engine breaking ..and will slide the rear around like a sport quad ..and do donuts easyer ... i have ridden both and still like the old strate axle prairie over any of the independant rear utility atv's .. the only draw back is less ground clearance ... but bigger and more aggressive tires even that out alot ... and if you add aftermarket exhaust and jet kit and do a clutch kit or clutch mods it will even hang with the bigbore 800cc machines in the woods and trails ..cause they are no ware near as stable at high speeds as our old prairies ...:laugh:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By RCNY1
      Seems impossible to find a pair of front shocks for my 02 Yamaha Kodiak,newer or older listings are they the same as a big bear ?  Factory are $245 each !!! Any help appreciated 
    • By Sonders
      It appears that the Service Manual thread at top of forum is dead as all the links no longer work.  I'm actually looking for service manual for a 2000 KVF300 Prairie that I just picked up.  Does anybody have link to one that they can share, or know where I can find one?  Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By Tahj
      I am looking to see why my 2005 Grizzly  660 won't crank. I have set the valves but suspect a loose timing chain.
      When working to remove the valve cover I found a "cap tensioner case" - parts #25  - #299 on Babbitts site.
      The  cover seems to bridge the valve cover and the cylinder head. What the hell is it and what surprises will I  find if I remove it?
      Uncharted territory for me.
    • By colin james
      2012-2014 Sportsman 400/500 factory service manual
      View File This is the factory service manual for multiple models of the years 2012-2014  sortsman 400/500 including hd edition's.
      Submitter colin james Submitted 08/13/2019 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      I'm curious what all the ladies ride on this site and why!
      I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino 700. Just added a new roll cage, dual exhaust and some other things. Here are a few pics:

I chose the Rhino because my arms and wrists get way too tired on a quad. I haven't tried a bike, but, I don't think my coordination would be good enough to handle that!
      I LOVE my Rhino though!!!!!!! It's the perfect machine for me.
      So, how about you????
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By mikeexplorer
      Wiring diagram for 2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4

• By Admin
      2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4 Wiring Diagram
    • By Admin
      View File 2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4 Wiring Diagram
      2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4 Wiring Diagram
      Submitter Admin Submitted 06/29/2019 Category Arctic Cat ATV  
    • By x
      It's time to replace the shocks and struts.  Looking for some stiffer springs than the OEM as I use this for farm work and I put heavy loads on the rear and haul small trailers frequently.  I've seen a couple aftermarket offerings that say they're 10% or so heavier duty.  Any other options for something a little stronger / stiffer?  Thanks.
    • By LMI
      The saga of the fan continues.
      The Pin attempt in the fan shaft failed.  I then moved on to trying to weld the fan hub to the fan shaft.  I took it for a run the weld broke.  Now it was truly F'ed.  To recap the dealer price, they want $400 + CND for a replacement fan assembly.
      I searched all sorts of after market places and no one carried one.  Ebay had some used ones but they were $120 USD + Conversion rate for something as old as what I have.  I went to Amazon and eventually settled on this.

amazon link

What I found... and was amazed... was that the fan mounted to the Suzuki fan assembly bracket.  I was prepared to manufacture my own mount conversions...  It also came with "Harpoon mounts" (nylon zip tie like things that go straight through the rad.   Anyways it mounted to the original bracket. It fit perfectly.  Cut the electrical plug off replaced it with the Suzuki... all good.  Let the quad heat up, thermo coupler kicked in the fan circuit, polarity was right... all was good....  Fan is under the circuit fuse rating.  

so I finally have a solid fan solution.  $34 CND vs $400+ CND