Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!
As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery. Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.
I have a 2004 Polaris Trail Boss 330 and I want to eventually fix it up if possible, but the thing is the transmission or Gearbox that allows you to shift into forward and reverse and such isn't connect to the engine at all, it isn't even bolted into the frame. Anyways the Secondary Driven clutch is missing. The ignition was busted so I switched it out and tried to hook up power to it and the lights wouldn't light up and it wouldn't try to let me start it with the electric starter.
So I bridged the connectors on the starter solenoid and it cranks the motor. I was wondering if anyone knew why the dash lights don't work or any of the buttons. I did find a cable disconnected I have a picture of maybe someone can tell me what it's supposed to be connected to. It has 3 wires going to the connect Green Purple Red. I'll enclose a picture of it and where it is connected on the wiring harness.
I'm likely going to have to drop the swingarm on a 300FW. Are the lock rings and pivot bolts standard or left handed threads? I looked at the service manual and it doesn't specify left hand so I"m assuming standard right handed threads. Not sure though. The last Yamaha I had apart was regular right handed threads but haven't had a 300 apart before.
By Andrew Baker
I need help with wiring on a 1998 (I think, 10th digit of the VIN was W) Bayou. I'm not getting spark, I'm pretty sure it is due to grounds being off because the harness is pretty hacked as far as the electric start and charging system goes. I'm needing a good wiring schematic. I found one online and there are a few things that don't add up on it so I'm skeptical that it is really for my year and model. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
By Dra O
I likely just kissed $200 goodbye buying a Honda 250 this AM from Craiglist. We'll see.
- VIN number is off the front frame; one VIN site calls it a 2008 Honda 250 TRX - this baby ain't a 2008; other VIN sites list the VIN as invalid; might be that the owner (a shady dude from a shadier side of my home town) put a 2008 front end on it? No idea.
- a HUGE hint (hint #1) would've been that there's no key to start the machine - gotta use a screwdriver. I'll likely be visited by police sometime in the near future.
- owner acquired from another man - owner showed me video of him riding it this summer on a major interstate while very drunk (hint #2) - the machine sounded good in the video
- no front headlight; owner said machine has new carb - looks Chinese - he didn't have original carb; air intake box is wide open - no long plastic connection sleeve leading into air box like on my 99 king quad; no visible oil leaks; oil is dark; air filter clean; decent plastic; no front right brake apparatus; left brake handle very loose and rear brake doesn't work
- battery at this point is good; manipulate the ignition switch w/ screw driver and the green neutral light shines (this has since stopped working)
- it's a kick start machine: when I kicked it down (hint #3), the compression sounded normal, almost "tight" but at the end of the cycle, there was some awful grinding noise coming from what sounded like either inside the engine or the starter area; I let it settle, kicked it again, same noise heard at the end of cycle; owner said it likely needs a new starter - I only hope it's this simple
pictures attached - the throttle cable / zip tie pic is my favorite - but it works! it was CRAZY dirty prior to pressure washing - and the water in air box is likely secondary to the power wash - no water was in it when purchased
gotta few things to complete on the king quad - will be changing motor/gear oil in honda and getting new oil filter over time - talk soon - hope y'all had a great Christmas
Similar Tagged Content
Im working on a old 1987 honda 125 4 wheeler in the school shop. It will start by getting pulled by another 4 wheeler but wont start with the pull start or Electric Start. When you pull start it it tries to start but when you try the electric start it just turns over but doesnt even act like it wants to start. The spark plug is dry and it shoots fuel out of the back(air filter side) of the carb. Weve had the carb off twice and it is complety clean. What are some things we can try?
I bought a Honda 250sx 1986 but the exhaust is broken. Apparently it's not possible to order a new one. I checked to order one on others compagny but there's noting.
Do you know which exhaust it's possible to install. Is there a company who sold an exaust to fit on my 250sx.
Sorry for my english
Hope someone can help with this one.
We took our 1984 Honda TRX 200 to the shop and they had it for about 2 weeks before they finally called and said that they had cleaned the carb and changed the battery and that it had started up.
We went and got it and when we got home it would not start so we called them, they said bring it back in, so we did. They called us the next day and said they changed the spark plug, and that it was running. We went and got it again and it ran when we drove it off the truck.
We parked it for about an hour because we were going to get ready to go on a ride. Well, it wouldnt start again.
So we called them and they said the last thing they could do was order a new CDI box and put that on. I decided to just buy it myself, so I didnt have to pay them labor again. We put the new one on today and its still not starting.
Does anyone have any ideas on what we could check to see what in the world is going on with this thing?
Please and Thank you
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.