Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

xyzer

2010 Honda TRX420FA - Transmission? Start Problem

(My first post here)

My wife has a 2010 TRX420 and last night it left her stranded !!*&$$#@!! I went out in the rain to retrieve it and could not get it to start (turn over). When the key is turned on I get the - symbol with no blinking. The PS light stays lit I can also hear the fuel pump kick in. I played with the emergency shifter and could never get it into gear or change its symptoms (start). After doing my internet research I see the - may also be connected to other issues. I have it back in the garage and charged the battery (you never know) to know avail. Before it goes to a dealer I want to try and see if someone out there has seen this issue and can get me pointed in the right direction and check some things out. I do have a service manual but could not find a matching trouble shooting description.

Thanks!

Oxidized,

Thanks for the reply. It was none of those. I left my battery tender on overnight and today and bingo! I believe it has a bad battery. I was suspect of the battery when the battery tender light went to green or float so quickly but just told myself well heck it isn't the battery! It had headlights when the problem happened but maybe not that bright. Any of my older quads that aren’t so electronically dependent can survive on an iffy battery for some time. So if you have one of these electromechanical 4 wheelers and it gets weird CHECK YOUR BATTERY!

Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dana Hudson
      Hey everyone, hoping to get some help here... my kids 03 KTF 50 Quad has always ran great... they were riding it a couple of hours a few days ago and it died a couple of times (not normal) but started right back up. A few days later my 5 year old wanted to take it for a spin so I started it (2 pulls) and he took off.. he made it a couple hundred yards and it died and we havnt been able to start it since. I have new gas, good spark and 120 psi compression.. it will not start with starter fluid in the intake or even in the cylinder.. the fuel bowl has fuel at the carb... what am I missing? It’s driving me crazy!!
    • By bradleyheathhays
      So I got this '96 Jeep Cherokee XJ that cranks but doesn't start.  It's got around 180k on her but I keep everything in good shape.  Batt seemed strong.

I used to drive it everyday but this past year I've driven it only about twice a week.  It's been just slightly slower to start in the last couple of months, but just barely slower.  Was guessing it had something to do with aging plugs or something.

Drove it yesterday and everything was normal like always, sat overnight and today it cranked but didn't catch.

Any ideas on where to start?
    • By Elijah Stone
      Hi all new to the forum I have a Yamaha Moto 4 champ (100cc?) (YFM100) so I've been trying to get this thing to start for awhile honestly I'm running out of ideas so I'll start with the things Ive replaced and done first it was not trying at all and then I put a brand new battery then the terminals broke so I bought some nice copper ones fixed that up so now battery is got good voltage and all that I have checked all the plugs cleaned everything off so anyway it still wasn't trying but I couldn't get the crank case off and I didn't think using fire was a good idea lol so I busted the crank case off on the left side(if you are sitting on it) wierdly enough the flywheel started spinning I thought it was odd but went with it then I replaced the spark plug still wasn't getting spark so I replaced the ignition coil then it was getting spark next the carburetor was really gross I cleaned it out still wasn't working so I in turn decided just to replace it with a new one so I did (PS I never figured out how the fuel lines hook up if someone wants to help with that to lol) also for good measure put a new air filter so then I pressing the button Everytime I replace something and nothing so then I think what if it's the stator so I have no idea what a good or bad stator looks like but me being to rough I broke the wires on the thing but still no changes the fly wheel spins gets compression (I think) getting spark from spark plug idk other tidbits that might be useful I don't have a clutch line so idk if that has something to do with it I do have the break zip tied in to bypass the safety feature also the throttle cable is in fact broken and I'm working on buying a new petcock for my gas tank because my current one is broke I have very limited money this is supposed to be a project before I go to school for welding and automotive tech so I don't have any money to get a mechanic lol but I'm pretty confident in my ability to do anything u suggest any suggestions are welcome I'll edit and submit pics
    • By fox300exchic
      Let's hear all there is to know about you ladies! Where your from and where you've lived. Kids or no kids. What you do for a living. Why you ride and how you got started.
    • By gouletp
      The thing sat since Christmas 2018 and while I decided whether to replace the starter (which I finally did today).  I am not sure if I added fuel stabilizer or not but chances are good I did.  I kept the one year-old battery well charged during the winter.  It turns over well but won't start.  I have a blue spark on a brand new plug.  When I pour a bit of fuel down the cylinder, the engine starts and runs for a few seconds (once for as long as about 8 sections) and then dies.  Even before adding fuel to the cylinder I noticed that the spark plug was wet with fuel.
      The air filter looks a bit dirty so I removed it just to see if the engine would start better but it made no difference.
      If the fuel did not contain stabilizer then the carb may be gummed up.  I don't really want to remove the carb to do a thorough cleaning.  Is there a product I can spray into the carb while the engine turns over that will clean the carb?
      Any other suggestions?
      Thank you
  • Similar Tagged Content