Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

RAM1961

KQ 750 sputters in true 4WD

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mywifeknowseverythin
      I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
    • By Frank Angerano
      So there is always chatter of the air/fuel mixture screw accessibility on the carburetors we all work on.   So I found this clip and thought it was interesting.   This goes back to a post today about carburetors not having an air/fuel adjustment screw as well as getting to the darn thing to make an adjustment! 
      Thsi videoclip  clarifies the way it’s found and taken care of for some of tye carbs we come across.
      Furthermore which I found to really like was the replacement air/fuel screw that was put back in place from the original making adjustment a ton easier! No more fancy angle screwdrivers.    Let me know what you think.  It’s a quick video. 

• By ezduzit
      picking up atv tomorrow, guys says motor is locked up. he thinks, anyway has been sitting for more than three years. Please understand i have not touched it yet but if his description is accurate im looking for suggestions on freeing it up before  having to tear it down. I'm hoping to get some great info from the pros on Quadcrazy.
    • By Jerryd68
      Anyone have any thoughts on the early Quad Sports?  My very first ATV was a 1985 LT230S,  me and a buddy purchased them brand new in 1985, rode those little bikes till the wheels fell off,  I would like to find one to restore for nostalgic reasons and to teach my 14 yo son to ride.  Nice meeting you all!
    • By Frank Angerano
      So I’m always looking around on different types of pages on atv’s and new mods etc. lately I’ve been seeing a lot of this radiator mount super high up on the front end.  Some have integrated the snorkel into it as well.  Personally I’m not a fan but wondering what’s everyone’s thoughts on the way it looks? 

• Similar Tagged Content

• By BigRuss
      I have a Kawasaki  bayou 4WD that started squealing when giving it the gas from a stop. It almost sounds like a fan belt but the dealer replaced the belt about 30 hours ago, so I don't think it is that. As best as I can tell, it actually sounds like it is coming from the front end. Once I am running and moving at a speed, I don't hear the squealing anymore. My first thought was to put fan belt dressing on the fan belt, as a quick test for the problem. It makes the noise when hot or cold.
      Another problem, that started before the dealer changed the fan belt, is that you give the quad a little gas, and nothing, give it more, and nothing, give it more, and it lurches and takes off. The dealer said it needs a new clutch, which I don't buy. less than 400 hours and it needs a clutch? I would say it needs an adjustment. When the quad is cold, as in I just started it for the first time in hours, it does not lurch. It is just fine. It lurches only when it gets hot, as in when you can hear the fan once in a while to cool the oil.
      Any help or insights would be great.

Russ
    • By higdon87
      I have a 2006 ltr 450 the starter is out on it but you can roll start it 2 days ago i rode it took a lil longer than normal to start but it started and rode just fine. Put it in the shed went to ride it tonite was even harder to start but finally got it started. When you go to hit the throttle it cuts out then it clears up and then would be fine if you bumped the throttle or was about half throttle. If you went full throttle it would bog down spit and sputter and the longer you did it would lose power gradually until it finally died. Any ideas on what it could be thanks in advance and this is my first 450 fuel injected quad
    • By glen
      Hi all,sure hope someone can help. Have a 87 lt 4 wd, started running rich. Flooding after shut down and wouldn't idle. Rebuilt carb,was nice and clean inside. Now it starts fine but will not idle,too lean.will rev fine. Drilled out the pilot jet just to see if that would change things and it will idle,but loads up too much. Also played with the float.Tried different pilot jets but after a few still no good. Have just about given up. Was trying to find one of the after market carbs that will work. My intake side is 30mm. Anyone have any ideas ???? By the way I own a PWC sales and service co and spend a lot of time doing carbs....never had one like this !!
    • By oleblue
      Hey, I joined the site and thought these videos may be helpful if you ever run into 4wd problems with your Yamaha.

• By petey
      it uses oil real bad I put a quart in it yesterday and its low again and it smokes some and keeps dying on me when the fan kicks on and my gas guage don't work right when I fill it up it goes to the full mark and when u take off riding it slowly goes to empty