Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

pathfinderz1

Kawasaki Bayou 300 Need Help

just got this boyou 300 don't know the year and need to find were the numbers are plus the spark is real weak and one other thing can't see any oil in the crank case fill hole and was wondering how to tell when its full. I did download the manual for this but not much info for what I need.

So help

Mike aka the pirate:aargh:

Is the site glass broken? Here is a thread on an older 300 bayou and the oil capacity:

http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/kawasaki-atv-forum/10766-1986-kawasaki-bayou-300-oil-capacity.html

Did you change the plug?

The vin should be on the crankcase or frame somewhere.

* Edited title to Kawasaki Bayou 300 Need Help

• Like 1

I have new plug in it but still weak spark.I have had snowmobiles but the motor on was easy to get to. I know some about power packs. I did down load the manual that was on here but does not give much on trouble shoting.

So if someone on here can give me some ideas on were to start and what to look for maybe I can get some good spark

Thank

Mike aka the pirate

I realy do need some help on a weak spark on this 300 so if anybody had some ideas that can help me please give me some help

Mike aka the pirate:mad:

it's a pretty easy fix. 2 hours tops ... it took about an hour on my big bear ... a record for me :laugh:

and no pieces left over and minimal cursing ...

• Like 1

Aw but if you niticed I sign my name the pirate That means I have one leg to work with. Plus to top it off I'm 72 years old. I have had snowmobiles old ones for 20 years and my main hobby is old outboard motors. Some of the newer outboard motor have had the power packs on them

Noiw these Quad runners are something new to me. So if I seen a little slow its just that these are new to me.

And I will take any help I can get

Thanks

Mike aka the pirate:biggrin:

OK my grandson fround these number on the left side down low

JKALF8C19YB57F8614. Now can someone firgure out the year and modal this is.

Mike aka the pirate:biggrin:

it said there might be a number off, but this is what it said it was ....

if you can shine a trouble light there and look with a magnifying glass, you'll probably get it spot on.

but i think you have all the important numbers there for sure

k.JPG

kawvin.JPG

k.JPG.78faf37fb536e9214138778820b21db3.JPG

kawvin.JPG.1bffbfb4d21a5f6eca2dc4a6973a9d0a.JPG

Edited by oxidized_black

I still have a weak spark on this dam thing. Once in a while it will try and start with hit or 2 but not enough to keep it running.

Mike aka the pirate:realmad:

Have. A 87 300 buyou with no spark what causes it changed cdi ,rectofire. Checked the wiring no brakes in it or nothing need some help figureing this out

I had same problem mine will run like a top shut it off go to start and nothing won't start so I put new coil and starts better but still not right everything I've read along the way points to stator if u figure it out give me a holler

On 2/5/2013 at 5:19 PM, pathfinderz1 said:

just got this boyou 300 don't know the year and need to find were the numbers are plus the spark is real weak and one other thing can't see any oil in the crank case fill hole and was wondering how to tell when its full. I did download the manual for this but not much info for what I need.

So help

Mike aka the pirate:aargh:

there is a sight glass with 2 marks in the casing indicating high and low levels below the fill cap. for the weak spark i have found a weak battery when using the starter will produce  a weak spark. but using the pull rope produced a strong spark.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.