Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

i have a 2005 rancher 350  with 8000km  still works like new.

did a few repairs but not much.

Choosing an ATV can be overwhelming at first. There a ton of good and bad opinions about all the major manufacturers. The first thing you have to do is be honest with yourself about how you plan to use it. I've seen several friends buy machines they later regretted for this very reason. Some wanted mud machines, and quickly realized they only get into the mud a small percentage of their riding time. Others bought sport quads that weren't practical for woods and trail riding at our local trails. I was lucky enough to have one of each. When we rode dirt roads and fast trails I took the sport, for snow and mud trails i took the utility atv.

Now that I'm old and ride slower, I have one utility quad. Speed is no longer a factor, it's about the comfort for my aging body. I've owned ATV's from every manufacturer and there were things I loved and hated about all of them. They all have their pluses and minuses. Do your research, test drive as many as you can and most importantly, once you buy one enjoy it as much as you can! 

• Like 1

Good advice i nix377 if you new to ATV's.  That was my case last year, never owned an ATV, researched a lot and eventually settled on Sportsman 570.

• Like 1

I love ATVs, in fact they are so awesome now days that I decided to build another golf cart atv, and Im converting a honda shadow v-twin 1100cc shaft drive bike into a monster atv. I have a couple of  bikes for donor parts. Im not as young as i used to be so itll take me a little longer to complete these projects, but I damn sure will!!

right now I have a kawasaki bayou 220 I just bought for $125. It runs but locks up after a few seconds. Im getting ready to pull the motor and open it up, so I googled and ended up here looking for a manual

Just joined and I need to have 10 post to download a manual

Just Joined and I need 10 posts to download a manual

• Sad 2

Well Michael, thats not going to do anything but piss people off. lol, Just browse the forum and make a few comments, maybe start a post and introduce yourself, let us know what youre working on and how its going.

• Like 3

Some people 😠....

• Like 3

On 12/13/2018 at 6:50 AM, nix377 said:

Choosing an ATV can be overwhelming at first. There a ton of good and bad opinions about all the major manufacturers. The first thing you have to do is be honest with yourself about how you plan to use it. I've seen several friends buy machines they later regretted for this very reason. Some wanted mud machines, and quickly realized they only get into the mud a small percentage of their riding time. Others bought sport quads that weren't practical for woods and trail riding at our local trails. I was lucky enough to have one of each. When we rode dirt roads and fast trails I took the sport, for snow and mud trails i took the utility atv.

Now that I'm old and ride slower, I have one utility quad. Speed is no longer a factor, it's about the comfort for my aging body. I've owned ATV's from every manufacturer and there were things I loved and hated about all of them. They all have their pluses and minuses. Do your research, test drive as many as you can and most importantly, once you buy one enjoy it as much as you can! 

I;d go with polaris or yamaha if you want performance (will cost a little more to fix up), honda if you want it to last forever with little upkeep, canam if you plan to race or want 'crap your pants' speeds.   I love the Polaris Sportsman and Yamaha Kodiak

On 9/3/2018 at 10:58 AM, chetjr said:

New atv/utv also cost insane amount of $$$. Have a 20 year old polaris diesel ATV, still runs great. 

Tell me about it 😫

On 12/23/2018 at 1:30 PM, MD570 said:

Good advice i nix377 if you new to ATV's.  That was my case last year, never owned an ATV, researched a lot and eventually settled on Sportsman 570.

good reliable one to start on!

On 9/5/2018 at 4:09 PM, Matt John said:

You can but a new polaris sportsman 570 for $4400 + tax and fees...

Thats reasonable I think!!!

Where you finding those???   I never heard of a sportsman 500/570 new for under $6000

imo canam is the best brand. and you can pick up the 450 for 4999

they just seem to run and ride better

and the feel way more quality the the pol/yam/kaw/cf/ac/tex

Agreed, don’t do the Chinese junk

Hello guys I'm new to this forum,I have a few of those Chinese machines, yeah some could be garbage, but if you have some tools and a little bit of imagination and money of course to get parts and etc,you can actually modify your quad,I fixed my friends daughters gokart and he gave me this 05 Kazuma Falcon,(Raptor looking) GY6 engine KZM157MQJ  F/N/R for free and I have some other ones working on them too,by the way "Shopatvpartsonline" they ripped me off this company doesn't exist stay away please,I need some info on this Kazuma Falcon,if it's a Falcon,that's what he told me,my friend but he's not sure,please help,thank you!!!

20181230_154005.jpg

@orvilleortiz538 hard to tell what all you have to work with, without being there to check it out  myself but there are places to get the parts you need for those things. I had to order parts for a scooter a while back, you just gotta know exactly what you have to get what you need. I got welders and stuff, so i'd probably do mods if was too much of a pain in the ass. Im turning a honda shadow 1100cc bike into a trike 1st, then Im building a front end for it and a longer frame. Eventually itll be a mid engine 2 seater side by side called Frankie. I just like to create monsters! 

1986-honda-vt1100c-shaddow-94291-528.jpg

IMG_20181210_205905.jpg

IMG_20181210_210041.jpg

Search google and go to images and see if you can find one that looks like yours, go to the web site and see what info you can dig up. Good luck man!!

• Like 1

[mention=21974]orvilleortiz538[/mention] hard to tell what all you have to work with, without being there to check it out  myself but there are places to get the parts you need for those things. I had to order parts for a scooter a while back, you just gotta know exactly what you have to get what you need. I got welders and stuff, so i'd probably do mods if was too much of a pain in the ass. Im turning a honda shadow 1100cc bike into a trike 1st, then Im building a front end for it and a longer frame. Eventually itll be a mid engine 2 seater side by side called Frankie. I just like to create monsters! 
1986-honda-vt1100c-shaddow-94291-528.thumb.jpg.b1ee9d0e6fbe45b472f7657781e69523.jpg
IMG_20181210_205905.thumb.jpg.a9b0456fe468804904b50793a8a86a86.jpg
IMG_20181210_210041.thumb.jpg.2ec86e4e6a7a483aaf99ad6d1ba8ac19.jpg
Search google and go to images and see if you can find one that looks like yours, go to the web site and see what info you can dig up. Good luck man!!

It was given to me,but its hard to find info in this Chinese knockoff,all I know as of yet is the vin# those ones I posted(Kazuma) GY6 engine Kzm157mqj 3 gears F/N/R but once I start taking it apart I'll keep the pics in order,and Yeah Man you're building something SERIOUS!!!! Nice I like it...that's it U just have to get creative with that grinder, welder and acetylene!!!! Thanks for the reply and pics...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

do you know what cc those motors are? Im googling and looking for something that looks like what i see in your pic

do you know what cc those motors are? Im googling and looking for something that looks like what i see in your pic
150cc2dda11f94091414f666ec864309eff37.jpg82da055cdf08cb387ff8812cc76dd581.jpgf00e9e9fb752dfb2109488c6640d650e.jpg

https://www.alibaba.com/ & https://www.aliexpress.com 

@orvilleortiz538 these are chinese sites you can order from (I think you gotta create account,...brain injury so I cant remember for sure) and they have parts, you just gotta find them. i order all kinds of  things from them and get them super cheap, you just gotta wait about a month for them to get here, usually unless you pay for faster shipping

looks like 124cm3 is the 125cc engine. im gonna keep looking for ya and see what i can find
Yeah I saw that 124cm3 on 110's'125's,150's and i did some research on it and this guy brakes it down like this Kzm157mqj number 1 stands for 1 cylinder engine #57 is the millimeter for the piston and he brakes down the lettering also, buggydepot.com and it kind of makes sense,supposedly they use that 124cm3 on all their bikes but some have bigger pistons cause its illegal to bore up quads etc..... and the guy who gave me the quad said that has a 150cc gy6 engine with 3 gears it has a shifter on the right side,but I'll dig more in that engine soon,I'll keep you posted,thanks for all the help....a9334c43bd69f216a0109ad46dc88384.jpg

• Like 1

Used to like sport quads, now prefer big and comfortable. Besides, I’m not trustworthy enough to go fast amd being stupid hurts worse as I get older. 

On 7/21/2018 at 12:42 PM, turp said:

chinese  brands are  junk. Bought a new one for my wife and i was

always fixing it.

Some Chinese are junk. As a mechanic, I started with a $100 E-Ton 150. after some work, it  became  a great first machine for me.

I'm old and want a trail riding machine with off road (into the woods) ability. The Eton Yukon has a very dependable GY6 engine. Parts are easily available. Electrics are good and repairable if needed - I soaked and shorted a rotor.  I found that it got me where I wanted to go, was light enough to lift off a hang-up on a log.  It ran dependably for years until it started throwing the chain under load, that I couldn't solve (turned out the right side trailing axle arm fractured - slipped under load and popped right back into place afterwards - couldn't see it past the fat rear tire.

After being frustrated solving the problem and no longer trusting it as my wheelchair for the woods, I bought a badly beaten (kids') Recon TRX 250 . They have good reputation and the 2WHD is all I need. I mastered  plastic welding repairing all 4 busted fenders. I like it, it has more power, but I liked the CVT on the E-Ton. I  modified the toe lift  shift lever on the Recon, and will adjust the shift  play

After I welded the trailing arm on the Eton Yukon and put it back in service I picked up another  E-Ton 150, that had broken BOTH  rear arms and was loosely in two pieces. Both work well now 

I had picked up a TaoTao 110  for my grandson that was a complete piece of crap. Lousy wiring connectors that would break rather than disconnect. Constant intermittent electrical and fuel problems (corroding aluminum float needle) , and body plastic that was an absolute pain to remove. It did inspire my son in law to buy him a good Polaris, and then one for himself. My daughter liked my Recon so he bought her a CanAm.  Now we all ride.