Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

bighoss

stock piston size

what is the stock piston size on a 86 lt250r the guy i got it from put a 70.55 piston in it so how much over is that

so what is the diff between them

Not sure on that !:unsure: I do know 85-86 motors are different than the 87-92 when they went to the powervalve motors (exhaust valve ) i built a 88 that I have posted on my page so I had to learn alittle bit about it !

i just found out that the 85 and 86 are the same other than the carb and the seat and stickers but every thing else is the same

lol i did found out on wiki that it has a 70 mm stock bore and the guy i got it from put a 70.55mm piston so what did he go over stock 10 or 20 over cant fig it out

Edited by bighoss

ok so pertty much he just made it a true 250 then and it still got room bigger if and when it needs it i should get a few years out of it before i have to do the top end agen or should i get longer i always run my 2 strokes rich

Edited by bighoss

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dwight Williams
      Ok, so I bought a 2006 bayou 250 for 200 bucks, kid couldn't start it and had no idea why it wouldn't run, I pulled the rope and felt what I thought was valve to piston contact, he wanted 500 and I talked him down to 200 and brought it home.  Sure enough, timing was way far out, timing chain incredibly loose.  So for fun I re-tensioned the timing chain and re timed it, got about 120lbs of compression, pretty low.  I cannot get the chain very tight but the the tensioner seems to work fine, the chain guides don't look very worn.  Also, when I took the head off the valves don't look bent and the piston has no discernible marks on it.  Is this an interference engine?  I sure thought I felt some contact with the pull rope but maybe no permanent damage was done?  Anyway, I plan on doing a full top end job as well as timing chain tensioners and hopefully that'll cure it.  Is there any reason other than chain stretch (I measured it and it's ok) or guide wear that would cause the chain to be so loose?  Thanks!

• By Chris Stokes
      What is a good option for a 13 year old that is dying to get her very own atv to ride? Thanks in advance for your recommendations. I currently own a Polaris Sportsman 570 and have been happy with the Polaris sportsman line but have ruled out other brands.
    • By tyler250rrocks
      i have a lt250r that has a over sized carb on it. is it to much
    • By Jeff Wolf
      Bought a nonrunning 1996 bayou 400. Tore down engine and found major problems. Piston is damaged and cylinder liner needs replacing. Looks like cause was a broken oil pump gear.

Question is can a piston from a prairie 400 be used? Is it the same engine? I assume the liner is replaceable?

• By aj ford
      what is the best route to go as for the notorious  swing arm cracking on my 86 suzuki lt250r. any swing arm interchangeable.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By SilentNoise
      Hey there, new to the forum. Did some searching before posting but didn't manage to find anything, so forgive me if it's been covered before.

I've got a 1990 Quadrunner LT4WD that I got my hands on last year for super cheap (for a reason). It starts and runs great, but the plug is drowned with oil after about a half hour of use (surprisingly next to no smoke though...weird), so I'm going to look at replacing the piston, rings (one of which came out in two pieces) and the cylinder (very little scoring, but definitely saw some bad detonation at some point and needs replacing). The connecting rod thankfully has zero play in it and is silky smooth, so I'm good with how the bottom end sits at this point.

Now, a friend has a 2002 Quadrunner 4WD LT-250F that's out of commission due to basically everything other than engine issues, and has been sitting around for a few years. He says that I can just take what I need if they'll work, so I've been looking at the part numbers before we rip on his motor. I see that the part number for the cylinder is the same (11210-19B10-0F0), but the newer models have either "Model K1" or "Model K2" listed as well. Will they work with the older machines or are there a couple little things that just don't let them jive?