Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

jessisue1982

my 2009 kawasaki brute force 750 4x4i is running excessively hot but no coolant light

Ok my 2009 Kawasaki brute force 750 4x4i is back firing & cutting out when excellerated and the engine is getting hot enough that it burns my leg through jeans and it feels like the exhaust is melting the fender and I can sometimes smell burning plastic.

I checked the fan and it is fine, also pulled the fuel pump out and tested and cleaned it and it stopped back firing and cutting out but still runs hot but not showing the temp sensor indicator light on the dfi at all... I checked the plugs and cleaned gapped ect they are fine... radiator is clean and not stopped up, oil level good, injectors working property and clean..... I just don't know what else to do to it.... HELP!:no:

Just curious, how did you verify that the pump and injectors are running right? Also did you check to see if the water pump impeller is ok. Sometimes the corrode

Do you have a shop manual?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Edited by marioweldinginc

You may want to also check that your thermostat is opening at the right temperature. If it's stopped up that could cause some overheating issues.

Just curious, how did you verify that the pump and injectors are running right? Also did you check to see if the water pump impeller is ok. Sometimes the corrode

Do you have a shop manual?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I checked my pump by turning on the key and measuring the amount of fuel it pumps into a measuring cup in sec and I cleaned the injectors not sure how to test them

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mike Iadonixi
      Hi my son's 2005 Honda recon engine is seized any ideas on what or where to get another engine 
      Thanks to you guys i fixed my other son's four wheeler last month
      any help would be greatly appreciated
      Thanks
      Mike
    • By mike costa
      Motor starts right up, but when I open it up past quarter throttle it bogs way down while ridding, the longer it runs the worse it gets. If I just leave it in neutral and  give it full throttle it revs up and down. 
      Back history:
      Bike sat for 3 years,
      Installed new plug, cleaned the fuel tank, took it to a shop and had the carburetor gone though.
      Picked up from shop, motor bogged down first day and barely got me back to the truck an 1 mph.
      Took back to shop after a month I was told it had a bad plug, I told him I just replaced it.
      Got quad home and it is doing the same thing!!!!!!!!! 

Thanks in advance for your support!

The carburetor has recently been gone through by a shop
    • By Steve Howard
      Ran find shut down the quad next day would start and idle when you try to accelerate it would start popping through the carb got a rebuild kit soaked it in chem clean after break down for 12 hours on slow vibrate reassembled and adjusted per manual still the same thing any help would be really appreciated thanks and happy ridding  
    • By MarkinAR
      Let me start with I have about 30 years of ATC experience, but not much with stuff made after 1988.  Some, but I'm mechanically inclined so it's all good.  I"m rehabbing a 1997 Bayou 220 to send back into the wild and the mechanicals are now all good, just working on making the electrical system...electric.  Right now, I have no power on the white wire as tested directly on the plug at the starter solenoid.  I'm assuming that wire is supposed to be hot any time it's attached to a battery?  The genius that had it before snipped a couple wires and inserted a fairly heavy push button for electric start bypassing the electrical system. I think i've corrected everything north of the solenoid but the white wire has me stumped.  Is my assumption that this should always be hot with a hot battery correct?  Does this indicate a broken circuit in the starter solenoid?  Relay was also bad and wired incorrectly, but that's resolved and I can make the relay click bypassing the solenoid and connector, directly giving the white wire 12V.  Thoughts?
    • By Jeff Comstock
      Help a brother four legger out
       Bayou300 acts like it's flooding if it's it's in the Alabama sun all day but, I've cleaned the carb. Sometimes it'll backfire even though the timing and valve lash are in spec. Thought it was sticking float but after 2 times cleaning the carb I'm lost. So
  • Similar Tagged Content