Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Beast3

1999 Big Bear 350 Cylinder Head Crack

So I have oil that comes out of out a small crack next to one of the top bolts.

Anyone know a way to seal this or fix it without buying a whole new cylinder head?

I was hoping there was something I could put on the crack to seal it or I know a welder that could just weld over it??

Thanks again,

Keith

I went and bought some high temp silicone but when looking closely at the 3 bolts on the cylinder head

they all seem to have some sort of slit next to the bolt so I'm guessing this is normal and not a crack since they all have what looks to be this.I do have oil coming out from the top bolt which is #11 on most oem specs for my big bear.

What are some of the issues that could cause oil to come out of this bolt? I noticed it did have a metal washer and that is all the oem graph shows goes with the bolt.Below is link to blow out of my big bear and Im referring to the cylinder head section.

1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350 2WD YFM350UL Parts, 1999 Yamaha Big Bear 350 2WD YFM350UL OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

Thanks,

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Monika Novakov
      I have a 1988 Kawasaki 220 bayou. I removed the skid plate and misplaced the 4 bolts. Anyone know the size of these bolts, 3 dealers could not find any information. Can you please help?
    • By Matt Schuldt
      Looking at a 2004 Polaris Sportsman 600, with new winch, new 48” plow, 2200 miles and clean.   Serviced 200 miles ago, new battery.  Selling for $3100....yay or nay.  Color is yellow🤓
    • By Anthony Sherman
      Looking to buy a banshee this Saturday. Guy has a sweet deal on one 3 hours from me. Bike sounds a bit rough to me but I’m not a 2 stroke or atv guy. This will be my first 2 stroke Any help would be much appreciated. I attached a video of the bike running. Please let me know if this a good deal at 3k. 
      B8207E87-DE09-4932-8176-23214F9FC3EF.mov
    • By gouletp
      The thing sat since Christmas 2018 and while I decided whether to replace the starter (which I finally did today).  I am not sure if I added fuel stabilizer or not but chances are good I did.  I kept the one year-old battery well charged during the winter.  It turns over well but won't start.  I have a blue spark on a brand new plug.  When I pour a bit of fuel down the cylinder, the engine starts and runs for a few seconds (once for as long as about 8 sections) and then dies.  Even before adding fuel to the cylinder I noticed that the spark plug was wet with fuel.
      The air filter looks a bit dirty so I removed it just to see if the engine would start better but it made no difference.
      If the fuel did not contain stabilizer then the carb may be gummed up.  I don't really want to remove the carb to do a thorough cleaning.  Is there a product I can spray into the carb while the engine turns over that will clean the carb?
      Any other suggestions?
      Thank you
    • By Brian Simmons
      Yes I am looking at buying a 2005 Suzuki ltz400. The guy said when he goes through a puddle or water it shuts off !!! I know it’s electrical . Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be??? Let me know ASAP ??? I want to know if I should buy this atv ???
  • Similar Tagged Content

By Guest
      New Blooming Grove law would restrict usage of ATVs | recordonline.com
    • By mallen14
      Looking for anybody who can point me towards a free service manual for 1998 Big Bear 350. I found the sticky thread but all the links, from 2012, no longer work. If anybody has one please let me know. Thanks
    • By dctaz37
      My ATV started making a rubbing and clunking noise. I took the skid plates off and found that the front u-joint on the shaft that connects the front axle to the transfer case is toast. My manual does not reference this repair. Looking for instructions.