Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Has anyone used the Caltric brand or Kevlar brake pads sold on ebay? The price is 12.00 for a set and the dealer wants 37.00 for a set of front pads for my prairie. I do know sometimes you get what you pay for but heck 37 more than what the pads cost for my truck!

Thanks crazykiwi I thought that would be 1 of the issues with the cheaper pads I'm just looking for something to get me by for a few months. Were supposed to have an income change thats about a month over due now! I hope in a few months from now we will get it then I can put better pads on the old kawa! & add a second quad.

Quadnut thats what trees are for quick stops lol! I understand what your saying but with our budget right now I can't afford the 30 something dollar pads and I don't want to damage the rotors. The cheap pads shoud pervent that for now just so my quad can be rode and it has great working rear brakes. Other wise it will be another month before I get paid and thats a month of no riding.

Thanks guys again for the reply. I didn't go with the cheap pads I ended up getting a set of sintered sever duty brake pads I read about in a Kawai fourm.

Should be here by tuesday I can't take not being able to ride. Next on the list will be to get new tires and it should be good for awhile.

I think God I never wanted a boat I did think about a jet ski 1 time. The old prairie has been pretty good to me. Other than having to replace the frame & I let a friend ride it he came back and the radator was leaking who knows what happened there. Now it's just normal stuff battery, brakes & tires I think I have run these tires for about 3 yrs. thats not bad. I could get by with just 2 rear tires but I want to put radial tires on it I think it will handle better.

Yes the Radials will be better.

Jetskis are a lot of fun but expensive to run and limited time to ride as well as storage, maintenance, Blah blah blah! Wow the list is never ending?? HeeHee

my tires slow me down a little over 50 mph my quad gets a little unstable I should have a smoother riding quad as well if I pick the right tire. At the time it has Interco Super Swamper vampires.

Well I got my pads saturday and got them put on today. Got to bleed them a little more and it will be good to go I ran out of time while bleeding the brakes.

Nothing seems to never go right the pads were easy to change but the screws for the master cylinder almost got the best of me. head completely stripped out on 1. I was able to get it out with the bits for removing stripped screw heads. Now it has new screws and anti-seize.

A good trick for tight screws and also bolts is to give them a good sharp tap with a hammer and punch. This loosens the thread especially in aluminium. Cheers.

That trick didn't work! I had tried a good tap then I used a cutting disc and made a slot for a flat head screw driver it failed to. I felt I got lucky when the bit worked that it dug in and removed the screw. I got them bleed and there working great. The new screws with the anti-seize so I hope they want seize up again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.