Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

dnov70

98 timberwolf cant swim

ok here goes, my son took his 98 timberwolf 250 2x4 mudding and wound up in stuck in a hole with only handlebars and top of seat visible. so after pulling it out with a truck I got it home to find that it was hydro locked. started with the rear end, disassembled cleaned reassembled and new fluid. roles great. now for the problem. drained the oil/water from crankcase, pulled the spark plug and gave the rope a pull and shot water out of the cylinder. put new oil in along with motor flush and a new plug. the plan was to flush the motor 3 or 4 times to get remaining water out and figured it would be good to go. however, no start electric or pull rope. have popped all connectors apart and dried them, swapped out coil pack, disassembled carb, cleaned and replaced, it is getting spark and fuel. where should I go from here. cant seem to figure out why it wont start. I did almost start 1 or 2 time but just wouldn't stay running. please help im at my wits end.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sombeech
      I shot this footage last weekend. We ran a Honda Foreman along the beach and had a great time wakeboarding.
      Helmetcam footage.
      There is also a download link for the YouTube Challenged employees at work.
    • By Spartacus Stroppel
      I dont like doing  upholstery work.. but cant afford for someone else to do it for me so here's my go at it... picked up the staple gun at harbor freight 1/4" long staples... ordered the cover off of ebay.. the guys said to get this material as it is more forgiving... it's like a tweed nylon  stuff... and not the fake leather stuff... here are the before... I did trim the old one so it wasn't rippling under the new one..but held the foam on the seat back..in pics is what was left of old one after I trimmed it...
      Not to bad 

• By Buick350X
      Exploiting a loop hole in the law, turn 4 wheeler into rev trike
      for a long while I have been trying to get a real 4 wheeler street legal.
      the problem is with the state laws, if it has 4 wheels, its a car and has mega more rules.
      If it only has 3 wheels, its a trike and can be made from cobbled junk parts held together with duct tape and they will plate it
      I wonder if anyone would have insight on changing a 4 wheeler over to a single rear wheel?
      [ I can't afford some $40-60,000 canam or super bike modded into a car, rev trike kit ]
      I want something I can truly ride year round on and off road. Ive rode enough old Honda 3 wheelers that I know I do not want a traditional motorcycle trike. So the single wheel has to go out back.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By switch
      I have a timberwolf that I love. It sat and the carb got gel from this wonderful ethanol. I cleaned it and put a new kit in it. it always started right off. now it cranks forever before it hits and then it will not idle. set according to instructions 23mm float, 4th notch on the pin, 1 1/2 turns out on the AIS. I have tried tweeking all of these some but nothing seems to make a difference. The biggest problem is that I got it back out because the wife has claimed this bike and now it will not run for her. Any help would sure get me out of a bind.
    • By NewQuaddie
      Please help i am currently a new owner of a very unloved quad owned by my recently deceased father in law.
      i have no idea of the year model but it has both an electirc start and a pull start. the electirc start doesnt work i have got a new battery and new plug but still nothing.
      im not a huge mechanical person but if i can get some help it would be greatly apreciated.
      thanks
    • By kaveman
      Alright so excuse the ignorance but this is my first carb break down. Got it broke down and cleaned good. But now my problem. I am not sure where to start on adjusting my jets and air fuel mix. Any help on factory settings as a starting point would be great. I have a general knowledge of how it functions and terminology I just need to know where to start
    • By oakley
      I have a 1994 Yamaha Timberwolf that has been a strong running machine until recently. This past year I replaced the pulsar coil which resolved a prior problem I was having. After running for several weeks without a hitch, I one day went out to start it and it would not. The starter motor is turning but it does not engage the engine. Can anyone suggest a remedy to get it running again?
      I have gone over the whole electrical system while in the process of correcting the pulsar coil problem. I believe where I hear the starter motor turning the problem lies elsewhere; I think.
    • By empire519
      Hi i have a 94 Timberwolf 4x4.
      I got it at the beginning of the summer and it ran great all summer apart for an idling issue.
      I looked into it and i had oil in my air box and when i checked the dip stick it looks like it was overfllled.
      I took some oil out of the motor jumped on the bike and put it in gear.. nothing.. it runs great but wont drive. i tried it again off the bike and it drove a few feet but once i gave it any kind of power it would act like it was in neutral even though i know it wasnt. i tried cycling the gears and in reverse but i wasnt getting anywhere. it acts like it is going into gear and cycling through them but i cant get power to the wheels. i tried taking more oil out of it and adding new oil to the bike and it seemed to make it feel like it was shifting into drive or reverse easier but it still wont drive..
      i talked to the guy that does small engine work in my town (although he is always booked up for 3 months at a time) so i didnt bring it in yet but he said something about some locking pin that seems to break on these models that would actually keep it from engaging into gear.. its located on the inside of the lever that you push forward for drive or backwards for reverse (i think this may not be the problem since i did have it moving somewat with no weight on the bike).
      any ideas?