Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

pjcs92

1994 Suzuki King Quad - Backfires

I have a 1994 king quad, it idles high and backfires when I shut it off. it runs great when in any gear and idle seems fine in gear. it sat for about 2 years before I bought it, I changed sparkplug and added new gas and it fired up. any suggestions

get some carb clean and spray it in the carb while running and you may have to feather the throttle.

i would do this first to make sure i didnt have to take the carb apart to clean it ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dgk_mike
      It will go into neutral, 1st, 2nd, and reverse but nothing after 2nd gear. The shifter moves freely going up completely nothing but when you shift down it works. I’m not sure if it’s tranny issue worth messing with or if I should just buy a new one.  Overall besides that the thing runs like new.

• By Gordon cousins
      I have a 1991 Big Bear 4x4   Shifter on top. Any one know if a  1994 Big Bear 4x4 Shifter on motor can be swapped 
    • By Boppers
      I recently got a 94 Polaris sportsman 400 4x4 from a family member. It just quit on him and has not run in 5 months. I put new fuel in, cleaned the carb, new plug. There's fuel getting to it and a good spark but it will not fire. It will turn over but will not start and I'm lost. Please help.
    • By Randel1
      I am trying to put a 1994 Suzuki 250 quadrunner back into service. I have it up and running like new but need to replace the plastics as they are brittle and crumbling due to age and sun exposure. I would like to purchase new parts either OEM or aftermarket but have had little luck in finding them. I would even consider used or salvaged parts in serviceable condition. Any help in locating these parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • By Randel1
      I'm on to the next project. I am trying to put a 1994 Suzuki 250 2X4 quad runner back into service. I am currently going thru the fuel system and am waiting on some parts. In the meantime I have been trying to locate replacement fenders and I'm not having much luck.  The orriginal fenders have become brittle and cracked due to sun and exposure to the elements. Any help on finding replacement fenders, OEM or aftermarket, will be appreciated.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Connie Johnson Donald Hudson
      Smells like gas in the oil ... Also, recently replaced belt, new BT does not have grooves on both sides, does that pose a problem?  Also just bought and replaced new carburetor, never has it idled better, but give it gas and it backfires very loudly!
    • By Christopher Williams
      Hello all, 
      i just rebuilt the top end of a 99 Bear Tracker 250 and it can’t get it to hit off of gasoline or starter fluid. Occasionally it will backfire. Right now I’m just trying to get it to fire off without the carburetor like I’ve done a thousand times before with other engines. Usually there is no response, but occasionally I get a backfire through the intake. ISeems like it’s out of time, but I don’t see how that could be possible. 
      Here’s what I know:
      1. compression 120psi
      2. all timing marks are lined up after numerous revolutions. 
      3. Strong spark. 
      4. Valves adjusted correctly. 
      Thanks in advance. 
    • By terry001
      Hello fellow riders. new to this. I have a 2002 Honda 400ex. Just picked up. It will not start. Owner said it was running a few days ago.(LOL). Quad was all together when picked up. spits and sputters and back fires.
      This is what I have done.
      #1-checked fuel--OK-Spayed starting fluid--no start
      #2-check spark--OK
      #3-check compression-100-110psi
      #4-Pulled valve cover off and check timing. Timing good. top dead and cam at two lines even with head.
      #5-doubled checked timing again-OK
      #6-6 of 8 bolts holding valve cover stripped.Don't know if this affects anything.
      #7-decompression seems to be working-only rotates one direction. Manual dosen't seem to say much on it works.
      Any advise would greatly help
      Thanks
      Eger rider
    • By Karatemaddog
      Im working on a Friends 2000 YMF350X Warrior. She told me that the last time she rode it she had to jump start it. After that it wouldnt start. Dead battery obviously. Now the last time she rode it, She jumped it and rode it less than a mile up the road to a friends and it ran perfect. Smooth Idle the whole nine yards. When she got to her friends the battery took a complete crap so it sat overnight. The next day however, When the battery was replaced all it did was crank and crank and crank then Backfire, LOUD, Then crank some more. I checked out the whole ignition system. Replaced the plug and everythings fine there. All this happened about a month ago and somewhere either before this event took place or after... Idk. Someone had filled the oil little over 2 and a half times the amount. This motor took about 1 and 1/3 qt to read right on the dipstick and i drained almost 3 qts out. Any Suggestions from here? (Thought bad Gas possibly but new gas acts the same)
    • By ttomkat510
      i have a 86 lt230 quadsport with a D.G pipe on it, i got it used a couple of months ago. the bike will backfire out the pipe when you let off the throttle, like a flame!!!! it show by the plow it be running rich, any help on what jet and what size jet to go up to?????its a stock carb. thanxs