Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Andrew520

2007 Suzuki Z90 - Will Not Idle

I just purchased a 2007 Z90 and it runs great but wont sit there and idle. If I barely give hold the throttle it will idle pretty smooth. I dont see any adjustment so I have no idea where to start looking for the problem. I checked spark plug already. Ive never had anything with no carb adjustments (or I cant find them)

Just checked that out.. The throttle stop screw is missing! I can see the piston moving up and down inside the hole where that screw goes when I push the throttle.

Crazy, I went to the dealer and they dont make a carb kit for this one. Bought one for 25$ for my Yamaha Grizzly 80 .. This one cost me over $30 just for a throttle stop screw. They wanted another 27$ for the float needle alone!!

Another question is. The needle jet below the main jet looks like a pressed fit. Which way do I knock it out. The hole on top side looks smaller than the bottom of the jet but the bottom looks larger than the threads would allow for it to be knocked out that way. Im not at all familiar with this style of carb and dont want to do more damage than good. Seeing as how a new carb runs over $300. I dont understand how the choke works on this thing either.

on page 4-5 in the manual is the carburetor blowout. all the jets unscrew. the choke looks like a regular push/pull set up, other than the fact it has a handle like an old well water pump. does this one work the same way ~ up and down motion to prime it? or just a toggle type setting?

sucks the dealer didnt have a kit, they sure gouge you for individual parts ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dave Ayoub
      Ok i am not quick to jump on a forum and post a question without doing my own part and trying to research and solve the problem myself but I cannot find any definitive information anywhere about my problem. I have a Big Bear 350 that I picked up very cheap which had been sitting in a field for years. I am not new to building wheelers but this one has me beat. After rebuilding top end and replacing the carb it fires right up. The vin has some number worn off from being next to the shifter but from the parts in the clutch i assume it is early since 87 parts seem to be the only ones that match. Thats when the plot thickened. 
      Reverse works fine but when in the forward gears it would not go past 1st and was hard to get into neutral. ie. a it took a million clicks up to thump into 1 and as many down to find neutral. still never getting past 1st. within minutes i could hear metal screeching and whirling around in the clutch side of the motor. I took the cover off to find that 3 out of the 4 springs on the centrifugal clutch had broken and were shredded. Also the black mechanism that the pawl on shift shaft grabs moves was loose so it wasnt always grab to change the gear on the transmission. I tightened that mech, and replaced the springs assuming it would solve the problem since the gears were not actually changing from the lever and the carrier should obviously not only have 1 spring left. 
      After putting everything back together it did go into 1st fairly easy but then i again couldnt get it back to N without a million clicks down and couldnt get it to go past 1st. I did one time get it into a higher gear who knows what one but i gained some speed and dropped rpm.
      If i jack both the front and the back wheels off the ground and run the motor it becomes much easier to shift and i can get it to run through the gears pretty well. Usually going into N without a huge fight. not perfect but it does hit neutral and roar while spinning the wheels instead of gain rpm and with the power. 
      I have tried every possible position on the clutch adjustment screw without any noticeable result. I think this could potentially be where my problem lies at this point.
      does anyone know if the case is supposed to be threaded? because mine is not. obviously it seems as though it should be since every other bike ive touched has been. i even took the cover off my quadrunner to make sure it wasnt crazy.
      when the screw is adjusted and the jam nut tightened the screw will just slide back out since there is no threading in the case. accomplishing nothing. 

Does anyone have any insight on any of this? Are my plates stuck, Centrif clutch worn out, case stripped or something else crazy im over looking? 

• By dbconn55
      Hi guys I have a 2003 Arctic 250 4X4 it starts idles and runs great for about 10 min. then it spits and sputters and dies but it starts right up like nothing happened idles good till you give gas and it does it again let off the gas and it's idling great again this goes on for about 15 to 20 min. and then it takes off runs good all day like nothing was wrong.
      I cleaned the carburetor it looked like a new one inside found a little gunk in one orifice, new air filter no crimped lines air line to tank good I did put a meter on the battery idling it said 16.5 V that's high I think would a voltage regulator cause this?
      Suzuki shop wanted to sale me a stator for $556.00 but said it could be something else also thought I'd see what you guys say about it
      Thanks
    • By Colby Calk
      I recently got a 98 warrior 350 that 'needed the carb adjusted' but the reality is it has no spark. I have a new spark plug, plug wire, ignition coil, battery, and cdi box. I checked continuity and took apart and inspected the starter/kill/light switch on the handle bar, and it all looks brand new and checked out. The key switch seems to be working properly, as when off, nothing works, but when switched on, lights and electric starter button work. It turns over fine, and as I just stated, all the lights work. I took all the plastics off and traced all the wires, and only one had a small cut in it, but it was only through the rubber sheathing, not the wire itself (the blue one coming from the stator). I cleaned some grounds, made sure both relays work, and still nothing. I pulled the stator cover and looked at the stator itself, and it looks great. No broken wires or connectors or anything. Still, no spark. I'm at a loss. Where do I go next? Any help is appreciated.
    • By Chris2018
      I have a 1996 Kawasaki Mojave KSF250. I have no manual on it and it has a no spark issue. If anyone could give me a hand with this or would possibly have a manual would appreciate it. 
    • By PolarisRich
      I've never done this before but after reading a few thread I decided to check my valves for the first time and to my surprise it was much easier than I thought.
      My bike is a 2005 Sp 500 HO.
      I first pulled the seat and the right side panel off, and that's it! It wasn't too bad to get at.
      Next I pulled the spark plug out and removed both the head cover ( 8-8mm bolts)
      [ATTACH]1021[/ATTACH]
      then the side cam cover (5-8mm bolts).
      [ATTACH]1023[/ATTACH]
      Also remove the plug in the recoil cover (14mm bolt) to see the timming marks.
      [ATTACH]1022[/ATTACH]
      Next I turned the engine over with the pull cord untill it was at TDC of the compression stroke.
      The best was to tell that your at TDC of the compression stroke is to rotate the engine until the
      timing marks are parallel to rocker cover gasket surface.
      The cam sprocket locating pin will be facing upward directly in line with the crankshaft to camshaft center line.
      Now fine adjust by looking into the timing hole in the recoil cover and line up the upside down "T" on
      the flywheel into the center of the hole.
      [ATTACH]1023[/ATTACH]
      Now using a feeler gauge, slide the .006" (.15mm)blade between the top of the valve and the bottom of the adjuster and adjust accordingly
      [ATTACH]1024[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]1025[/ATTACH]
      To adjust, Loosen the locknut (10mm) and check clearance with a feeler guage. Clearance should be .006" (.15mm) for both, intake and exhaust valves. Turn the adjuster with a stubby flat blade screwdriver untill the proper clearance is achieved then tighten the locknut (5.8-7.2 ft. lbs) while holding the adjuster in place with the screwdriver. Re-check the clearance with the feeler guage one last time and re-assemble the covers (72 in.lbs) and plugs.
      The only thing that i noticed was that I had to clean and silicone the side cam cover other than that I found the whole process rather simple.
      I'd give it a 4 out of 10 on the skill level scale.
      I hope this helps!
      Thanks Rich

• Similar Tagged Content

• By bodatiouskid
      Have a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700 that only has 34mi. on a carb & ring job.
      Cut the gas off today to drain carb.Now engine will not idle.If I open throttle will run,but let off & will cut off.Can screw idle in with no change.
      What happened? Why did this happen when fuel ran out?
      Please help me,my ATV is a daily driver.
      Please help!!
    • By cprservices
      Does anyone on here have a 2013 honda rancher? I have had several Honda ranchers in the past but I bought this 2013 rancher and it hits the rev limiter at half throttle. It is very annoying and I was wondering if anyone else's Rancher does this. If this is something from the factory or if I have a problem or not just trying to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated
    • By cheatmaster300
      I am working on a 500 that seems to have me stumped. The quad will start but will only run if I keep pumping the throttle. It smells like it is getting way to much fuel and the plug is always wet when I take it out. I took the carb apart and cleaned it really good twice. Still the same problem. So I swapped the carb with another working quad. That quad runs fine with the carb but the problem quad still runs the same. I swapped the coil this did not solve the problem either. I also checked the timing with a timing light and it seems to be good. I am not sure what I am missing. Any ideas?
    • By jandjstark
      I have a 1998 Suzuki King Quad 300 that runs rough when I'm pushing wet snow, or when I drive through taller wet grass. Can anyone suggest what might be exposed in the undercarriage that should affect how the King Quad runs when it gets wet?