Quantcast

Lady Intro - Start Here

I’ve been meaning to post here, but haven't seen any other ladies post in a while, and every time I would start, I would get lured away by the family. (with a broken butt bone, I have some extra time on my hands)

Anyway, my name is Nina from St Louis, MO. I have a wonderful husband who rides a KTM 300 dirtbike, and a beautiful daughter learning to ride a Raptor 50. She will be 4 in June.

For those of you who don't know, I recently upgraded from the Suzuki 250 Ozark to a Honda TRX400x. Been a big change from one bike to the other, but I’m likin the power of the new bike.

I am the Office Manager/IT support of a subcontracting company of about 75 employees. As far as jobs go, I love it, even when I get interrupted every few minutes by 1 of 75 needing help.

Hold that thought, getting lured away...

Why do I ride?...cause it is fun, brings me and my husband closer together, and it cures bad moods! (You cannot be unhappy and be on a bike at the same time – not possible imo)

When I was about 10, I had a blast riding my grandpa’s Honda 250. Out of all the grandkids, I was the most daring of riders wanting to get faster and faster through the trails. My mom let me ride it with no helmet, wearing shorts and flip flops – crazy! Now she is a worried old grandma who hates to hear when I wreck, and hates that my daughter has a bike. Grandpa’s bike was stolen so I didn’t ride again until I got tired of my man leaving every weekend w/o me to go riding. So glad I decided to join him!

I originally joined this site to meet more women who ride since most of the women I have rode with admit it’s not their thing after they get that ring on their finger. Tired of being the only girl! Good news is that a high school friend of ours is dating a girl who recently decided she wants her and her 3 kids to learn to ride as a new hobby. They all got quads and she asks that I show her the ropes. I prefer to follow the leader. Being the leader is kinda tough for me. Makin it work (when I’m not injured) Hope to be back on my bike soon! :yes:

just tell her do as i say not as i do. LOL !! Just kidding !! Thats what i tell the kids all the time.

• 3 months later...

Hi ,

I Started riding at age 6 on a Honda 50 and broke my leg at age 6 when my brother ran into me on his 125 Honda. Moved up to an XR100 age11 which was stolen few years later. Started Quading when I met my 2nd husband in 2004.Started with a Yamaha Warrier then a Polaris Trail Blazer 330, then Polaris 400 2-stroke then Can-am Renegade500(White) and now I ride Can-am Outlander XT500(Black) love the power steering. I am a mother of my own 2 boys and 1 step-son. 2 out of 3 ride. I have two dogs a Pug Chewy(2yrs) and Eskimo Poodle name Kodi ( 5yrs). My husband rides a Polaris XP850 limited Edition. Love riding in Princeton B.C. where my parents live on 180 acres. Lots of nice trails.:biggrin:

Hi ,

I Started riding at age 6 on a Honda 50 and broke my leg at age 6 when my brother ran into me on his 125 Honda. Moved up to an XR100 age11 which was stolen few years later. Started Quading when I met my 2nd husband in 2004.Started with a Yamaha Warrier then a Polaris Trail Blazer 330, then Polaris 400 2-stroke then Can-am Renegade500(White) and now I ride Can-am Outlander XT500(Black) love the power steering. I am a mother of my own 2 boys and 1 step-son. 2 out of 3 ride. I have two dogs a Pug Chewy(2yrs) and Eskimo Poodle name Kodi ( 5yrs). My husband rides a Polaris XP850 limited Edition. Love riding in Princeton B.C. where my parents live on 180 acres. Lots of nice trails.:biggrin:

Welcome to QC !! Post up some pics of you guys riding !:yes:

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello. Just started riding about 3 months ago. Was using my boyfriend's dad's Grizzly (love that machine) but purchased a new Polaris Sportsman 570 in June. We just took a vacation to Nova Scotia with our 4-wheelers, had a blast! My boyfriend has a King Quad and has been riding for years. He took me on a ride several years ago and scared the crap out of me so I thought I'd never get on one again. But once I got on his dad's a few months ago, I was hooked. He works nights and not a set schedule so this is something we can do when we are both off (or I play hooky from work..). Just starting to get into it and LOVE it! Did some scary stuff on vacation but my boyfriend said I did a lot of stuff guys wouldn't even do. Gotta love that. Anyway, just wanted to connect with some other lady riders.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 10:04 AM, nlee said:

I am a 63 year young "Nana" who rode when I was younger, then my kids rode.  I still like the breeze in my hair now and then. Mostly I try to keep something around and running for my 5 grandboys.

That's pretty cool, what do you keep around for the grandboys, got anything good? Welcome to QUADCRAZY Nana!

On 8/29/2018 at 10:01 AM, Kate McDermott said:

Hello.  I'm in a part of MA that is not quad friendly, so I ride mostly in NH.  

Welcome to QUADCRAZY Kate!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My name is Tiffany, I'm 32 and I have 3 girls, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 ferrets, 2 bearded dragons, and a tarantula. I've ridden motorcycles (I have a Buell Blast) but haven't had much experience with four wheelers. I wrecked a Banshee when I was 13 but that's about it, lol. I just bought my daughter a 2007 Honda trx400ex for her birthday and I'm doing some modifications. It's been alot of fun. I've worked on cars and trucks but never atv's and it's so much more enjoyable. Everything is so much easier to get to. When I want some quiet time I sneak out to the garage and work on it for a little while. I've got a new carb put on, I'm rebuilding the old one because I've never done it and wanted to try it out. I just finished installing a stage 3 rev box and coil, put on a new exhaust and silencer, and a k&n air filter. I'm getting ready to start redoing the body (I had idea how much those supplies were going to cost; ouch!), next I'll probably tear into the top half of this engine. 

• Like 1

• Admin unpinned this topic