Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Lreckeb12

2003 Suzuki Vinson 500 - Rev Issue? HELP!

I have a Suzuki ive been working on. my only one problem I have left is that when I first got it I could get it to 45 quickly and easily now I can only get it to about 16 very slowly.:realmad::aargh: Suggestions????? THANK YOU!!!!

well I just cleaned all the jets.. is there a certain way they are adjusted? I don't understand the last part hah any bolts? sorry

like a new exhaust system, higher performance exhaust. nothing really to do with the jetting if it is all stock, i know the suzuki have vacuum lines, are they all in the right spot or not cracked?when you throttle it, does it kinda feel there is too much gas or not enough? make sure you have good spark by taking the plug out and ground it to the motor and turn it over, should be brilliant blue ... could also try a new plug ...

no I believe it is all stock. yes they do have vacuum lines. actually when I was taking carb off I noticed a hose came with it. now that hose comes straight from carb and idk where it goes. I kinda thought it might have been an overflow tube? it comes off the top of carb. the vacuum lines are in right spot I believe and are not cracked. it feels like there is enough gas it just doesn't rev fast at all. kinda like if you start off in 5th gear in a car haha. however I have not changed spark plug since I changed carb and before that their was gas backing up everywhere.

i think that top hose is somewhat of a breather hose, and you should have the overflow at the bottom of the carb bowl. when i was working on my project big bear, i had to change the stator, had spark but wouldnt go, buddy said to me have you changed the plug? my jaw dropped LOL ... changed the plug and vrrrroooom

Ha! I wish it were that easy for me! one thing just keeps leading to another :aargh: soooo I threw a new plug in and got a starter. AND nowwwwwww the solenoid just clicks realllly fast. Does this means its broke? or do I have a bad connection? or what? I have heard about the strator could that be a problem? its not even turning over......

i think you have a bad connection, more likely at the solenoid. i always sandpaper everything shiny then dielectric grease it, should be all thats wrong.

ok. I cleaned all the terminal on the battery, solenoid, and starter and applied grease to them all.. and I loosened a screw on the solenoid and when I tried to starter it the solenoid only clicks once now. I used a test light and when I touch the - side its a dim light on the solenoid. I also charged the battery. still it wont even turn over. sooooo I am lostttt!!! haha hellllp!!

if you take a screwdriver, and bridge across both contacts on the solenoid, will it turn over?

dont worry about the spark you will get from doing it ...

ok.. soo I checked the battery and it reads 11.40 on a 20v meter so I took the starter off and grounded it to the frame and it turned over but sounded rather weak to me. soooo I hooked it back up and used the solenoid ground this time and got nothing..... soo then I bridged to solenoid and stillll nothing. now my solenoid wont even click......... then I went on a rage and threw a few wrenches and came and typed this. haha thanks for all your help so far man!

ok.. I swapped out a battery that was 11.80 volts and still got nothing but the fast click from the solenoid..

the battery had previously been running my friends 250 cc Honda quad the day before

mine is a 500cc however

U might wana put it on a battery charger on the lowest setting

For several hours.. Maybe over nite and see if it will try to turn

It over..

I know that the battery in my sons quad won't start my big utility quad ...

As it dosent have enough amperage ... It will click or may make the starter

Drag ... An turn very slowly till it comes up on the compression stroke and

Then it will stop and click .. You might need alot bigger battery or 1 that

Has more amps per hour rating ...

ok so I charged it and when I went to start it the ring terminal on the nut that is on the starter started smoking right where it is crimped. and it didn't start.. do I need to re splice it and crimp it again?

If it is loose at the crimp I would recrimp

It also sounds like u may have a starter issue..

U might want to remove the starter and test it ..

To make shure it spins freely and fast with 12-volts

Hooked up to it ...

I took the battery to get tested and they said it was dead. but I actually just bought a brand new starter so I did test it and it is good. but with my luck they didn't give me enough battery acid so hopefully it will start when I get more acid

got more acid filled it. and stillllll no start.. new starter,new battery, solenoid clicks. could it be the solenoid? I bridged it and still nothing happened..