Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Chris_Highlander

2001 Suzuki KQ 300 - Clunked & Wont Start

Hello everyone I am new here. I bought a 2001 Suzuki KingQuad LTF-300F reciently. it has been running great, however I herd clunk, it turned off, I tried to crank it over but no go. any suggestions would be helpful!

Edited by Chris_Highlander

I need to see if I am getting a spark, I haven't tried yet. When I try to pull start it I cant pull the cord it is like its stuck. Thank you for replying and welcoming me! I will try tonight.

so it doesnt turn over? i would suspect a broken timing chain or cam maybe ... hopefully not a broken rod, hard to say until you tear into it ,,, something is binding inside ...

it may even be a valve broken off, as soon as you take the head off, you should be able to see whats wrong ... and yes, good luck to you ... we are here if you you run into problems

Slow down guys. My ltf500F had something that sounds similar happen & it was a malfunction in the pull starter. I pulled it apart & the end of the spring had broken off & jammed everything up. I flew aprat when I took it off so I put it back together how I thought it might go (after grinding a new slot in the end of the spring) & it works fine. It did appear that the motor was locked up but it freed right up once I removed the pull start. Id check there first, then dig deeper. Just my opinion.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.