Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1995 Suzuki LT-F4WDX - Im Stumped

tazman4

Starts fine and will run fine for maybe 5 - 10 minutes, then it sputters down to where it will barely move. It will idle fine but bogs down when given gas. If I turn it off then immediatly start it back up again, it will run fine for maybe 20 - 30 feet then sputter down to barely moving again. It will spuuter & cough & bog down for maybe 25 -30 minutes & then it will start picking up to the point that eventually it will run fine for as long as I want to ride it. I thought maybe water in the fuel, so I put some heat in it but that didnt help. I drained some fuel into a jar, but didnt see any water in it. I just dont even know where to begin. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been too cold, for me anyway, to work on it, but I believe its now blown the voltage reg again. I just replaced this last year! Started up fine & idled fine, but when I reved it up the headlights got real bright and blew out & it died. Now with no headlights, it wont start up at all. Pretty sure Ive got an electrical problem & probably not fuel related at all now.

Any thoughts on what would cause it to burn out the volt reg again?

a bad ground usually does that ... dam, thats not good news replacing another one ... check all the grounds ... battery, cdi, just go thru everything and sand areas that connect to the frame, and clean connectors as best you can and dielectric grease it all

checking all the wiring you may discover a short somewhere too, around the neck of the handlebars, under the fuel tank and seat on the frame rail ... where ever you see wearing on the protective covering, peel it back and look, electrical tape to repair ...

Edited by oxidized_black

• 4 weeks later...
Pull the vacuum tubes off these ports on you carb and check for fuel in them. If able, let idle a few minutes first.

8434-93-king-quad-carb.jpg

Well hopefully this weekend I can get to this! Still cold here, but supposed to get to 40 by weekend.

Tim-ANC, what if I do find fuel in one or both of these? Carb problem, fuel pump problem?

Thanks

Well it finally got warm here!

I checked all the wiring, even took the harness apart and checked it all out, and everything looks good. I cleaned all connectors & put dielectric grease in all of them. Replaced the voltage reg/rec & it fired right up. Checked the vacuum lines from the carb & there was no gas in either of them. So far its running fine again. It seems that all the problems were being caused by the reg/rec but I havent figured out what has caused it to go out twice within the span of a year.:confused:

Any other ideas besides bad ground connections?

Thanks!