Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

dctaz37

2005 Yamaha Kodiak w/48" Berco Snowblower

I just bought this blower mounted on an 05 Kodiak. I tried it out and my drive is soft and the guide wheels seem to dig in and the ATV gets stuck everywhere. Anyone familiar with tis? Is it setup wrong? Any advise would be appreciated?

the set-up is probably ok, but the driveway, (if gravel) may have to be frozen. perhaps the guy that had it before had a paved driveway or did it while the driveway was frozen.

i looked on the site, and it looks like a terrific unit !!

if you never got a manual for it, go here Products - Manual / Parts List - BERCO Accessories for garden tractors and lawn, snowblower for ATV and UTV it may offer some tips too ...

He only used it twice because he didn't like it. My driveway is gravel and right now it is packed slushy snow. I guess it cant be used in any packed conditions and when moving it around the guide wheels are always down and get hung up on things.

Okay I did a little more digging and found that there is very little clearance if any between the support that attached to the ball and the bottom of the atv. Should there be clearance? If yes then how much? I also raised the blower legs because the blade was right on the ground. I tried the ratchet strap but there is no give because the support is basically on the bottom of the atv. I also noticed the guy has 20 psi in the tires, I think iot should be 3.5.

there should be 3-4 inches i would say ... i had that much when i had a plow with basically the same rigging set-up you have. the guy may have put more pressure in the tires thinking it might give him more clearence ...

Bercomac 48.pdf

Bercomac 48.pdf

taller tires would help too, you have 25s?

27s would put it up 2 more inches ...

another expense ...

but you may not need to when the ground is frozen again ...

Okay all is well. Reduced the air from 20 to 3.5, adjusted the rear mount lower and used a ratchet strap to put some load on the atv from the blower bracket.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By 06kfx440
      So my friend was riding this and all 4 wheels locked up and had to be slid out of the woods. We put it on the trailer and and left it alone thinking it was ice.

So he drove home and as we drug it off the trailer “snap!” Started rolling again. I told him to leave it since it’s rolling and we can figure it out

I’m not close to the machine to try things or even work on it. Buy anyone have an idea. I was thinking ice like mentioned. But nothing was leaking to indicate a broken case or seal. And the fact it rolled just by bouncing on the trailer. Very confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By MarkinAR
      And the new 300FW is already wounded. Something got in a bind and blew the whole chunk of case out around the primary drive gear at the back of the motor. In the pic you can see the crack along the top...there is a big chunk missing from the bottom. And it won't roll....but the front and rear diffs both seem fine. Unfortunate. This looks to be a bit of a project. Still feels like it will shift through gears so i'm wondering if the ring and pinion just jumped a bit and blew something to pieces.  I have a parts bike.  But will this require the case to be split and transmission completely disassembled?  I assume you can't just slide the broken primary drive out and slide the replacement in?

• By Dwight Williams
      I have a 99 Kodiak 400 4X4 that I picked up for $300.  The previous owner had modified the foot shifter by welding a piece of rebar to it so he could hand shift while plowing.  As you can imagine, the allows for much more torque on the shifter than it was designed to have, and he broke the stopper off of the the shift mechanism.  No big deal, I ordered the part and put it back together, went through the carburetor and off we go, it runs pretty good.  
      The first thing I noticed is that when I put the shifter all the way down it goes into reverse, I'm supposed to twist a knob to get it to reverse but this seems to be disabled.  Also, once in reverse, it's a bugger to get back out.  I have to hold the shifter up, then quickly back down and up again to get it to come out.  All forward gears work fine, clutch is tight, no problems.
      The reverse cable and lever are in tact and seem to move freely.  
      My question is this:  What does one normally have to do to get this thing into reverse?  I assume put it in neutral, twist the knob, kick the shifter down.  Does the brake need to be applied?  I'm not sure what's going on here, I suspect it's been 'modified' as it goes into reverse without the proper precautions, just not sure if the mods were external on internal.

thanks
    • By John Dunn III
      Just bought a LT 230 anything I should watch for. It runs and drive good. Just don't want no surprises 
    • By Skhot K
      Hello! I picked up a YFM400 and I would love to talk shop with knowledgeable co-owners, and I'd love input about the machine from anyone here who clearly knows more than I do! Cheers from NY
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      Indicators that tell you to check your toe-in.
    • By pickytar
      I have a Chinese Hybird 250 or that's what I was told it was. I found 17 numbers on the frame. Will these numbers tell me exactly what it is that I have? (I know that its a 2006 from a plate on the front)
    • By buzzar56
      I am looking for a free repair manual for a 2003 Polaris sportsman 500 ho atv. all the posts on here lead me noplace
      thanks fred.
    • By txlora84
      I have a 110cc atv not sure of a brand its a Chinese model. I put on a new harness with cdi solenoid and all those. I have put a new starter on, and carburetor. I bypassed the start button cause it was just making the solenoid click. with the new button switch the atv will crank but not start. I tried to jump the solenoid and it did nothing. I am stumped. also I noticed gas leaking from the carburetor and when I took the filter off there was gas in it. I cleaned the carburetor and nothing was stuck or clogged. can someone help me out.
    • By WCRTeam
      New atv Edit - we love atv 2015
      Plz like and subscribe in youtube
      [ame]
      [/ame]