Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Your opinion on KYMCO atv?

FordFairLane

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just picked up a used Kymco MXU 500 IRS. Found nothing but positive reviews and really enjoyed talking it for a test drive.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Picked this up at the end of October (2014). Ran well up till a couple days ago and now won't start. Turns over, but won't catch. It's been a really cold winter. Put some seafoam in but that didnt seem to help. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Check plug  for spark and the carb for  fuel.  Seafoam  won't clean  out a plugged  jet if that turns out to be the problem. You'd have to take the carb off and clean  it  thoroughly.  No spark is  harder  to  chase down. First  check the electrical  harness for any loose or corroded/ broken  connections.If  still no  go  you'll  need a service manual to  get the specs on the components , or if you  have access to compatible ones to swap  out one at time  to  find the faulty  one.

• Like 1

The large OEM"s do not use Kymco as a supplier because they suck.

A good friend had a 300cc Kymco scooter he drove to work and back for years. He never had any issue outside of maintenance. If I remember right the last time I talked with him he had over 25k miles on it.

The large OEM"s do not use Kymco as a supplier because they suck.
A good friend had a 300cc Kymco scooter he drove to work and back for years. He never had any issue outside of maintenance. If I remember right the last time I talked with him he had over 25k miles on it.

So you say they suck and then say your friend had nothing but a good experience...which is it? They also provided parts for Honda and BMW.

I could have written that better.  Basically the large OEM's use them because they don't suck!

The large OEM's use Kymco because they work. Meet the requirements given to them for production.

Honda would not use them, they are too picky. I have dealt with them when at my time with Bosch.

• Like 1

I could have written that better.  Basically the large OEM's use them because they don't suck!
The large OEM's use Kymco because they work. Meet the requirements given to them for production.
Honda would not use them, they are too picky. I have dealt with them when at my time with Bosch.
Thanks for clarifying. Didnt they actually split off from Honda?

• 4 weeks later...
Check plug  for spark and the carb for  fuel.  Seafoam  won't clean  out a plugged  jet if that turns out to be the problem. You'd have to take the carb off and clean  it  thoroughly.  No spark is  harder  to  chase down. First  check the electrical  harness for any loose or corroded/ broken  connections.If  still no  go  you'll  need a service manual to  get the specs on the components , or if you  have access to compatible ones to swap  out one at time  to  find the faulty  one.
Got it started with the pull chord. Wish this thing had a pressure regulator, that pull chord is brutal.
Ran for a few days and now won't start again.
Thinking sparkplug or carb but I'll let the Kymco dealer handle that after seeing where the sparkplug was located.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Popped the headlight and housing right out of the quad doing some riding in the woods...not me, the wife and her brother. Guess they thought it was OK to drive into small trees .
It was secured with 4 plastic brackets, 3 of them broke.
I'm having trouble finding a replacement part online.
Headlight still works. Any suggestions for securing it...bungee chords, gorilla tape? Jk

• 3 years later...
On 10/31/2018 at 7:01 PM, Awakzrx said:

By the way, ik have the repair manual for the kymco mxu 500 irs digital. If someone wants it

Greeting from Belgium (again..)

you had that one in a thousand that always come even with big brands... but overall kymco is very durable and nicely build. performance wise maybe not in the rank of yamaha but value for money is even better. let's not forget that japanese cost almost twice as much (at least here in EU)... i have kymco maxi scoot that i bought 'by accident' and now i only want to buy kymco. hopefully mxu 300 next week

On 5/30/2019 at 7:37 PM, moosejaa said:

Popped the headlight and housing right out of the quad doing some riding in the woods...not me, the wife and her brother. Guess they thought it was OK to drive into small trees emoji89.png.
It was secured with 4 plastic brackets, 3 of them broke.
I'm having trouble finding a replacement part online.
Headlight still works. Any suggestions for securing it...bungee chords, gorilla tape? Jk

so how is it going with your MXU 500 (if i remember correctly) adventure? is it still alive?