Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

knkyle

Arctic Cat 2 stroke engine

I have been working on a golf cart project for the last 4 months and ran into a major problem today, I have a 98 zr 500 snowmobile engine that I am planning to run in the reverse direction. I have set the timing to the opposite side of TDC and turned the pull starter around and come to find out, that I don't get any spark when pulling on the rope. I tested the wires going to the CDI and none of them get any power so I assumed that my stator wont work in reverse. Can I run power to the CDI from a battery and make it run? If so, what wire needs the power? If I can get it running, My next step is going to be to try and make it run on HHO and still inject the 2 cycle oil to keep it from overheating and ware out too quickly.

Has anyone ever found a way to turn a 2 stroke into a glo engine?

Im sure there is someone out there who is smart enough to tell me how to make this work.