Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Tim-ANC

ITP Aluminum Wheel Air Leaks

Working on friend's Honda Rincon. His front tire doesn't hold air well. I'm going to fill to max bead seat pressure, but i'm wondering about these bolts on the rim. Are these two piece wheels? Can I retorque the bolts?

1413.jpg

i have the same rims on my grizzly, they are decorative only, just plastic heads about 1/4" depth ...

ITP SS 108s i think the rims are ...

i had a problem with one of mine too, i ended up getting "slime" and running it around both beads ...

it worked ...

Nevermind, pumping up past 10psi I heard a leak. Nail hole in the tire. Guess I should turn the tunes down when airing tires :)

Thanks for the reply though Ox.

i have the same rims on my grizzly, they are decorative only, just plastic heads about 1/4" depth ...

ITP SS 108s i think the rims are ...

i had a problem with one of mine too, i ended up getting "slime" and running it around both beads ...

it worked ...

BTW, whats this slime you speak of?

Ox, I got some Slime. Turns out it's sold in gallon jugs in Alaska. Hmm?

Did you slurry this around the outer bead edges?

No joy, gooed the Slime around and under where the wheel rim meets the tire. Bubbles up in 8-10 places. These are old wheels off an 86 quad runner. Polishing a turd. A guy on craiglist is selling a set for $50USD. Think I`ll go that route.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mike Iadonixi
      Hi my son's 2005 Honda recon engine is seized any ideas on what or where to get another engine 
      Thanks to you guys i fixed my other son's four wheeler last month
      any help would be greatly appreciated
      Thanks
      Mike
    • By RCNY1
      Seems impossible to find a pair of front shocks for my 02 Yamaha Kodiak,newer or older listings are they the same as a big bear ?  Factory are $245 each !!! Any help appreciated 
    • By Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
      Recently, Jonathan has been repairing & reassembling a client's 1983 Big Red Honda ATC200E. In this video, he gives an overview of how he approached diagnosing the ATC and creating a plan for the project.

• By rocky_mtn_honda
      Figured I'd share the wealth with my over 35GB library of shop manuals. Enjoy, and everyone have a very Merry Christmas!
      2005-2009 Honda TRX400EX/400X
      Honda_Trx_400ex_400x_Service_Repair_Manual_2009.pdf
      p/w: trx400ex400x
      2000-2003 Honda Rancher TRX350 TM TE FE FM
      2000-2003 TRX350 TM TE FE FM service.pdf
      p/w: trx350
      2005-2006 Honda Foreman TRX500 FE FM TM
      Honda TRX500FE FM TM Foreman.pdf
      p/w: trx500
      1988-1994 Honda TRX300 Fourtrax, 88, 90-94 TRX300FW Fourtrax 4x4
      Honda Trx_300_Fourtrax_300_Service_Repair_Manual_1988-1994.pdf
      p/w: trx300
      1995-2000 Honda TRX300 Fourtrax TRX300FW Fourtrax 4x4
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/pi0x0w9n84xocc8/Honda%201995%202000%20TRX300%20Service%20manual.pdf
      p/w: trx300
      1985-1986 Honda TRX125 Fourtrax 125
      Honda_Trx_125_Service_Repair_Manual_1985_1986.pdf
      p/w: trx125
      1995-2003 Honda Foreman TRX400FW Fourtrax
      HondaTrx_400fw_Foreman Service Manual 95-03.pdf
      p/w: trx400
      2003 Honda Rincon TRX650FA
      TRX650FA_Rincon650_2003_ServiceManual.pdf
      p/w: trx650
      1997-2004 Honda TRX250TE/TM Fourtrax Recon
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/7cl9nqjedbudo3h/Honda_Recon_Service_Repair_Manual_2004.pdf
      p/w: recon
      Thats a good starter kit...post up your requests in this thread, I have tons more...Hope this helps.
    • By David Land
      About 6 months ago I had a new fuel pump, ECM, stator and heaven only knows what else installed on my 05 King Quad.  It has been running great until the other day when I went to get it off the trailer, and it would not start.  Pulled the plug, and it was a little dirty, but not bad, but I put a new one in just for good measure.  Still would not start.  Pulled the fuel line connector underneath and turned on the switch and fuel was coming out, but with little to no pressure.  I turned the switch off and on multiple times to fill up a water bottle with fuel, and the fuel was good.  As it turns out, the fuel pump is out of warranty (go figure).  So, I'm going to put a pressure gauge on it tomorrow and see what it is pumping.  Is there anything else I can check?
      Many thanks,

David
  • Similar Tagged Content