Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

boutselis

1985 Honda trx 250 - Info

Well I have not had time to work the minor bugs out of my atc250sx and I went and bought a 1985 trx 250. I couldnt pass it up for $100

the previous owner said it was running and he heard a clink or snap sound and then everything froze up. cant get it out of gear so he figured it is a transmission problem.

my first question is how do you go about removing the drive shaft?

any ideas on what the problem may be. motor wont shif out of neutral. It happened right when he shifted into gear. it stalled the engine and never went back into neutral.

if any one knows how to work on this dinosaur

Edited by boutselis

there is a manual download in this section, it works, i just checked ...

I have a manual and it goes through the steps to remove the engine (which is my ultimate goal) but I am stuck on the very last step.

which reads:

remove the engine from the right side while disconnecting the drive shaft universal joint from the engine.

I cant find any info in the manual about the drive shaft or the drive shaft universal joint

if you remove the boot at the transmission, there is a u-joint in there .... ??

im looking at the manual too page 5-4 ...

thank you for pointing that out.

my memo page was stuck to page 5-4 so I never saw that. I guess thats the problem with old fashioned paper.

I am going to (hopefully) look up some videos about removing that u joint.

removing the engine turned out to be much more simple than I was making it.

it just slid off the drive shaft spline with a little effort.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Shook
      Hi I have a 2000 big bear 400 and i just put a new carburetor on it and it idles fine but when you try to accelerate it sounds like it is going to die, so when it sounds like it is going to die I will give it more throttle then it will go just fine.
    • By Lank Firdmont
      I have seen other posts and I'm not ableto download resources.
      I was gifted a Yamaha TerraPro and can find 0 online for help getting this running.
    • By Freezeman
      I came across an odd temporary fix for a 1985 yamaha 80 ATV.  It has no spark, yet if I warm the CDI unit up a bit with a heat gun or hair dryer then it fires right up and runs fine until shut off then it returns to no spark until warmed up again. Partzilla shows $217 for a new CDI  
      It's sort of nuts how I found out the fix to warm it up. My old shop TV requires my heat gun warm up around the transformer area every day before it will turn on too.  
    • By Mark Hill
      Hi everyone bought my son a project wheeler and got it up and running but it won’t go in reverse.  It’s a 2002 2003 bombardier rally 200. I have been searching for causes on line had have a couple ideas what it may be but still looking  for advice and help
    • By Admin
      View File 1985-90 Suzuki Quadrunner LT230 Service Manual
      1985-90 Suzuki Quadrunner LT230GE, LT-F230G, LT230S Service Manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 06/29/2019 Category Suzuki ATV  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By sloundez
      Does anyone out there know where I can get a functional pair of wheel cylinders for subject ATV? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks
    • By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By Kyboy
      Iam looking for help seperating the rear brake drum and the cover. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate
    • By Beb1041
      Looking for a download of a manual
    • By Wonderwoman
      Hello, well back to where I was last year with this carb. Took my 250 to the mountains for the first time this year and blue smoke, too much gas again. I can't believe that this carb gives me this much trouble. Seems like the choke is stuck but the cable moves freely. Anyone else ever experience this issue? Do you think a new choke cable would maybe resolve this?http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/images/smilies/arghh.gif
      OK it was the choke. Put on all new cable and plunger and she is running 100% again. So now the question is, is the carb getting worn out where the plunger needle goes in the small hole and when I use the choke the needle end doesn't get lined back up with the hole?? We'll see how it runs and now that I know what the issue is I can always pull the choke plunger out and reinstall if I start having this issue again.