Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!
As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery. Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.
I have a 2001 suzuki quadmaster 500 4x4 automatic and i was wondering witch atvs it shares parts with i know it shares some with artic cat. Any info would be helpful.
By Frank Angerano
So here’s a question. I have seen a few members that have recently purchased a used bike/ATV. Also a HUGE amount of so called new members who have purchased a used bike and have come here “just here for a manual”.
Some have been disappointed with the bikes and or knew they were getting a broken bike with some mechanical experience thinking hey I can fix it. So here’s my take on buying a used bike. Anyone who has followed some of mine and other members posts about what to look for when buying a used bike here’s a few pointers on what to look for.
1. I always check the oil and look for moisture, metal shavings and color.
2. Feel the compression or take a compression tester with you.
3. Check for spark (if the bikes not running)
4. Take a small jumper pack to verify that the starter cycle works and the bike cranks.
5. Look for bent or cracked frame/welding that was done on the frame from maybe a wreck.
5. Mismatch plastics by looking under neath.
7. Bolts on the engine/frame that look like they are stripped from someone taking the bike apart.
8. Any kind of scilicone or gasket adhesive that was used on a cover plate or engine seem where the engine was taken apart.
9. Patches on the exhaust pipes with sheet metal or jb weld patch material.
10. Wiring messes on the harness like bundles of tape where the harness was opened up and taped up for an after market device or just plain butchered up.
11. Put the bike in gear (running or not) and roll the bike back and forth to see that the gears work and you feel resistance like the engine is trying to spin while pushing it forward as if you were push starting it
12. I keep a vin# decoder website on my phone as a favorite to double check the year of the bike .
All though nothing is fool proof these tips will help you along while buying a used bike. Not only that but it will help you negotiate a fair price for a bike that may have one of the above problems.
I have minimized this entire process down to about 15 mins. I buy all the time so I don’t expect you to do the same or have a compression tester etc but use some of these tips when buying and go into the purchase with confidence!
I would like to hear anyone else that has any input on buying a bike and what to look for!
Hi all, does anyone know what type of plastic is used for making ATV fairings.
In particular Suzuki Quadrunner 1992, if i cannot get a plastic for it in Red for the rear i will attempt repair.
I have a King Chrome plastic welding kit, however you need to know what type of plastic you are welding.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Similar Tagged Content
Just wanted to let all quad riders / racers know there is a oval dirt track race this sunday at Beever Creek Raceway. I spoke with the promoter and no special tires are required so if your curious or have been taking a break from racing, come on down and check it out.
The website has the wrong date listed. The race will be on Sunday the 27th, not Saturday the 26th as listed on the beevercreekspeeday site.
Hope to see you there!........ On SUNDAY
Since my tracking days are over for this season, ... I put together some clips from all my different Track Rides to show just how much fun I & my riding buddies had !!
It's a tad long again, ... but I did leave out a lot of what I felt was good stuff. So I hope you enjoy what I did put together !!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yblyntKZE8k]2013 2014 Tracking Season In Review - YouTube[/ame]
I had put a "Teaser" video on Youtube a day or two ago, but didn't put it on the forum. Here's the full version of the "Last Track Ride of The Season".
Sure hate to see the tracking season come to an end ... but it's only about 234 days from now until it returns, so .. PRAY FOR SNOW !! :woot:
We had a fantastic day on the snow & this video is longer than usual for me. There was just to much good stuff & I still left a lot of good stuff out of this. So, grab some popcorn & sit back & enjoy this 15 1/2 minute movie !! :lurk5c:
Hope you enjoy it ....
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR6kbgZgOVI]08 Apr 2014 Last Track Ride of The Season - YouTube[/ame]
Put a little video together using timelapse ... what a pain ... of installing the tracks on my Can-Am. I didn't include taking the front A-Arms guards off, the rear CV Boot protectors off, of me greasing the bike, fixing a loose front brake rotor, and swapping out the Elka's for my Can-Am HPG shocks for the winter.
Anyway, hope you enjoy the video .... Now … if it would JUST SNOW !!
Mx track will be prepped to ride this weekend, Saturday and Sunday May 25th and 26th. We also have the turn track, and we have the SX track for all to try out. It's not completed yet but is ride-able. Trails are also open ride. Come out and join us, the weekend will sunny. Gate opens at 9am - 7pm. $20 per rider. Visit our website for more info Paradise Offroad Park or call (518) 260-7856. ATV's are welcome both on and off the track.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.