Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Hello I'm new to this column and need some assistance getting my quad started. It is a 94 Kawasaki klf 300. It has been sitting up for a while and I got it for a steal. Only paid 75 bucks it! Anyways I have cleaned the fuel tank, cleaned the carb thoroughly (5 or more time), new spark plug and checked for good spark, adjusted valves and checked timing. All seems to b in good condition but still won't start. I have got it to bust of one or two times by snorting it with carb spray but what's weird is it wont start by spraying starting fluid in the carb. I just sprayed it in the spark plug whole because I was curious. I just got a carb rebuild kit and have yet to install it but I don't wanna break the bank with this rig. It was only 75 bucks. If anyone has a solution for my quad I would surely appreciate it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MarkinAR
      What is the opinion on carb kits? What's one of the better brands of aftermarket? OEM is always preferred but not practical, chinese cheapie is never a good option. 
      Thoughts ?
    • By Chris2018
      I have a 1996 Kawasaki Mojave KSF250. I have no manual on it and it has a no spark issue. If anyone could give me a hand with this or would possibly have a manual would appreciate it. 
    • By Andrew Baker
      I need help with wiring on a 1998 (I think, 10th digit of the VIN was W) Bayou. I'm not getting spark, I'm pretty sure it is due to grounds being off because the harness is pretty hacked as far as the electric start and charging system goes. I'm needing a good wiring schematic. I found one online and there are a few things that don't add up on it so I'm skeptical that it is really for my year and model. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

• By DUBLT
      Looking to purchase a windshield for my ATV, suggestions of what to buy with quality in mind and will fit without doing any modifications. 
    • By Ted Aregi
      I've got a king quad 750cc has anyone converted the fuel pump relay to a stronger fuel pump relay on there king quad?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Christopher Williams
      Hello all, 
      i just rebuilt the top end of a 99 Bear Tracker 250 and it can’t get it to hit off of gasoline or starter fluid. Occasionally it will backfire. Right now I’m just trying to get it to fire off without the carburetor like I’ve done a thousand times before with other engines. Usually there is no response, but occasionally I get a backfire through the intake. ISeems like it’s out of time, but I don’t see how that could be possible. 
      Here’s what I know:
      1. compression 120psi
      2. all timing marks are lined up after numerous revolutions. 
      3. Strong spark. 
      4. Valves adjusted correctly. 
      Thanks in advance. 
    • By Michael Taralli
      My 2006 Prairre will only start with a shot of starting fluid. Any ideas or suggestions of what might be the problem?? Thanks.
    • By BeardedBackWoods
      We have a 2wd Bear Tracker that was flooded out by a tornado and I've since been trying to get it right. I've cleared the water out of the tank and now has fresh fuel, and I've opened the carb so many times I could do it blind folded under 10min. She'll fire up as soon as you turn the key and hit the button, even on a cold start, and idles perfectly. But the second you hit the gas it bogs down and dies. I had it running GREAT for about 10-15min once and suddenly ran like shit and limped it back to the house. I've barely got it to move under its own power since. I'm at a loss at this point. Does ANYONE know of something stupid I could've missed? The carb does have a fresh rebuilt kit that I put on about a month before the flood. It was not started until it dried, I cleared the tank and opened the carb the first time. I guess I'm just gonna pull the entire thing apart again and go from there. Maybe another rebuild kit? I'm gonna swear this thing is clean though. 
      Thanks for any ideas
    • By Azrack
      Hello new to the forums. Just picked up a 86 moto4 yfm225. When I got it the engine was partially seized I did the bp blaster for a few days and it turns over great now. I get plenty of spark and wet plug but it won't start. I checked the valve clearances and timing both correct and I cleaned the carb. Occasionally it will catch and backfire through the carb but that's the best I can get. I would greatly appreciate any ideas anyone has.
      Thanks
      Az