Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

LT80

Welcome from LT80

Hi I'm Jack Moore known all over as LT80.

I welcome any LT80 questions.

Ask away! :yes:

Jack, do you still do motor work? I have put together an 87 LT80 for my daughter for Oregon dune, Sand Mountain and possibly a little bit of MX riding. She is only 6 and does very well with the stock power, my biggest concern has been the width so I did the Tiexxera long travel A-arms and shocks, wheel spacers for the rear and 16" tall holeshots to lower the center of gravity. I want to get a little more out of the motor over the next year and am looking at the best direction to go.

Thanks,

Brad

Yes, I still work on motors.

My stage 2 kit sounds right for the lil gal. :)

814-922-7470

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dwight Williams
      Ok, so I bought a 2006 bayou 250 for 200 bucks, kid couldn't start it and had no idea why it wouldn't run, I pulled the rope and felt what I thought was valve to piston contact, he wanted 500 and I talked him down to 200 and brought it home.  Sure enough, timing was way far out, timing chain incredibly loose.  So for fun I re-tensioned the timing chain and re timed it, got about 120lbs of compression, pretty low.  I cannot get the chain very tight but the the tensioner seems to work fine, the chain guides don't look very worn.  Also, when I took the head off the valves don't look bent and the piston has no discernible marks on it.  Is this an interference engine?  I sure thought I felt some contact with the pull rope but maybe no permanent damage was done?  Anyway, I plan on doing a full top end job as well as timing chain tensioners and hopefully that'll cure it.  Is there any reason other than chain stretch (I measured it and it's ok) or guide wear that would cause the chain to be so loose?  Thanks!

• By jake Stillman
      Hello I am new to this forum and lt80s I have an 87 that has burned up 3 coil/cdi combos my question is can I out the newer set up on it and if so how do I do it I know they have different number of wires going to the cdi mine only has 2 please help
    • By 06kfx440
      My retaining wall fell 20 feet up my driveway from the entrance. I called my insurance company and was told that there isn’t a lot they can do.

So I called the town to see who built it and the old homeowner did 4 years ago! With no contractor! And the building department passed it for inspection.

There is no geo grid, no drainage, and dirt as a backfill. I bet you I can pull the rest down by hand.

My question is who is responsible? This is not right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By Christian Smith
      Recently bought a Polaris 425 Xpedition. Main issue is that the quad randomly misfires sometimes. ONLY does it at idle. Everything sounds good. What should I look for? Haven't checked the plug, seems a bit hard to get to, not sure. Headlights flicker at idle as well, is this a sign of a weak stator? Help? 
    • By Jeff011366
      Hello,
        Over the years I have always used a friends machine, and only ride a few times a year. Last week I purchased a 2002 Polaris Sportsman 700. The front diff needs a rebuild, the axles are very loose where they go into diff. My question is, both front wheels rotate forward by hand, but do not rotate the opposite direction. Is this "NORMAL OPERATION" I plan on rebuilding the hubs at the same time as the diff.....

My question about the rear diff, it rolls as if the machine has a total POSI rear axle...……. I lifted the front end off the garage floor with overhead hoist, as I moved it sideways the rear tires skidded rather than rotate. Both would roll forward easy, but not go in a circle. When I drove the machine in the garage making a tight turn I could feel the binding and skidding of rear tires....  Even if the switch was in 4 wheel drive, when it's hanging in te air the ignition is off...….. with the machine in 2 wheel drive mode, is that HONESTLY 1 wheel drive to allow turning without tearing up the lawn? then it locks the rear axle once it's put into 4 wheel drive? I'm guessing the rear diff needs a rebuild also because there is something "BALLED UP" internally locking the rear wheels together?
        It's a old machine that was not maintained, I thought the wheels were all rusted, but it was 17 years off baked on red clay. Just wanting to make it a reliable machine. I have great mechanical ability, just lacking a little knowledge of what is suppose to be "NORMAL OPERATING STANDARDS"

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.
      Jeff
  • Similar Tagged Content