Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ccctakacs

07 sunl 110(chinese atv) no spark HELP

Bought a 07 sunl 110atv from some one who got it at auction and couldn't get it to do any thing. I have no experience at atvs but i'am very mechanically capable so i figured id take a gamble and buy it for my daughter birthday. After a couple of broken wires i go it cranking again but no spark(with kill switch unplugged). After a bit I found the magneto (sorry if incorrect term)or pickup for timing trigger was in pieces. I bought a new stator for it to find that when i cranked it i could hear a tinging sound stator cover was cracked and pushing pickup into fly wheel. I replaced cover also.Not knowing what broke cover i also ran a dial indicator on fly wheel to make sure shaft wasn't bent. Now after all my research I'm at a dead end. I will tell you guys the info from my testing.

Testing cdi plug (unplugged and off) between ground and pin

timing trigger- 122 ohms

ignition coil- 0.6 ohms

kill switch- infinite

ac ignition power- 340 ohms

Also have good ground on connector too

Testing cdi plug (while cranking unplugged)

A/C ignition power- 36 volts ac

timing trigger 0.7 volts ac

Is there any way to test cdi or coil?Any help would be appreciated bought it for my daughter birth day on the 10th need to figure it out asap. Thanks to all in advance.

Read more: 07 sunl 110 atv no spark need HELP ASAP Page1 - ATV Forums at ATV Rider Magazine

are these ohm readings within spec of the manufacture? I have seen lots of those chinese bikes with kill switch and tether problems causeing no spark. If you had the mag cover off did you resolder any new wires or slice, reason for asking is maybe there is a shorted wire under mag. I myself would lean more towards a bad switch, or tethor switch not being grounded out properly.

Thanks for reply ended up being a bad cdi. Now I cant kill it with switch or handle bar switch. Not sure if it has anything to do with it but remote box was gone befor I got it. Could any one shed some light on what needs to ground out to kill motor? I thought it would be kill pin on cdi but with direct ground on it, it continues to run.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By 06kfx440
      It’s been a pleasure serving all of you. I can not ride anymore. My illness has turned to the worst and I can barely walk anymore. I will still be here helping where I can. I might just get an oddsey and work the sh!t out of it. But I’m done. I didn’t want to be in this situation. But I have to take it. It’s been so much fun here guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By James Jezewski
      Hey everyone! New to ATVs, hoping to learn a bunch off this site.
    • By quadcrazy
      We are starting this topic so that members can share their view about ATVs; what they are used for, types, etc. This topic is intended to help new members and visitors and generally those that don't know much about ATVs and would like to learn. So anything you can add to this topic that you feel would benefit a new comer, please add a reply..
    • By Admin
      Yamaha Australia has announced it will discontinue selling Utility ATVs due to new Australian government legislation that requires the mandatory fitment of so-called Operator Protective Devices (OPDs), YMA will not sell utility ATVs after the government compliance deadline of 11 October 2021.
      “The decision to make the fitment of OPDs compulsory is disappointing. The ruling has forced us to withdraw utility ATVs from the Australian market because as a manufacturer we are not willing to gamble with our customers lives by bolting untested devices onto our specifically engineered and designed ATVs,” explains YMA Director Brad Ryan.
      As the market leader in this segment, Yamaha recognises that utility ATVs are an important part of farm operations and will comply with stage one of the new consumer legislation. This includes testing and the fitment of warning labels by Oct 2020. This will ensure that Yamaha ATVs remain available until October 2021.
      After this date customers will not be able to purchase a new Yamaha utility ATV in Australia – but sport and youth models will continue to be available. This is because new sport and fun ATVs do not need to be fitted with OPDs. In addition, side-by-side vehicles (SSVs) are not affected by this ruling, so YMA will support our utility ATV dealers and ease the transition from ATV to AG bike and SSV business.
      “Fortunately, our utility ATV customers can transition to our equally capable lineup of AG bikes and expanding SSV range,” adds YMA Director Brad Ryan.
      Customer safety has always been our priority. YMA has provided market leading rider training and promoted proven safety methods. YMA also helped develop the Shark ATV helmet which is the only fully certified farm safe ATV helmet available. YMA feels so strongly about customer safety that purchasers of new Yamaha utility vehicles will receive a free Shark farm safe helmet valued at $250 while stocks last.
      YMA is also fully committed to customer care via a national dealer network that will continue to service ATVs and with the supply of parts and accessories into the future.
      Source: https://www.dirtaction.com.au/yma-to-discontinue-utility-atvs/
  • Similar Tagged Content

• Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      Indicators that tell you to check your toe-in.
    • By pickytar
      I have a Chinese Hybird 250 or that's what I was told it was. I found 17 numbers on the frame. Will these numbers tell me exactly what it is that I have? (I know that its a 2006 from a plate on the front)
    • By buzzar56
      I am looking for a free repair manual for a 2003 Polaris sportsman 500 ho atv. all the posts on here lead me noplace
      thanks fred.
    • By Barrysquad
      Somehow I lost all of my spark on my 350Big Bear, its a 1990. It ran well for maybe 3 days! Thought it was the carb. Cleaned it 4 times. It was losing power at midrange. Got worse and worse. Finally nothing!
      Are these good coils? I was thinking I could swap?
      2002 Honda-200cc: primary 0.4(ohm-200) secondary 9.0(ohm20k)
      1990 Yamaha-350cc: primary 0.8 secondary 11.0
    • By txlora84
      I have a 110cc atv not sure of a brand its a Chinese model. I put on a new harness with cdi solenoid and all those. I have put a new starter on, and carburetor. I bypassed the start button cause it was just making the solenoid click. with the new button switch the atv will crank but not start. I tried to jump the solenoid and it did nothing. I am stumped. also I noticed gas leaking from the carburetor and when I took the filter off there was gas in it. I cleaned the carburetor and nothing was stuck or clogged. can someone help me out.