Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

wolverinepilot

Big hello from Alberta, Canada

Good day, thought I would just say hello to everyone and say I really enjoy what I have seen from this forum so far. If there are any other riders in the Central Alberta area lets go for a ride.

i havent done any riding here, moved from gorgeous Ft Mac (sarcastic LOL) last October ... had lots of places to ride there from my back door ...

Ya there is lots of places to ride there for sure. I have been going out by Rocky Mtn house, there is lots of trails there. There also is a good rally end of August at Sundre if your into that? Hey just curious, you wouldn't happen to know much about a 1997 trail boss 250? We went out last weekend and my son went through some water and it sputtered, as soon as we hit the override away it went?? I was going to tear into it tomorrow, there has to be an issue with the electrical and if I can figure out how to disable it all together I am going to.

I initially thought the air cleaner and opened it up, dry as a bone. It is definitely something to do with that override button because my son hit it when I was trouble shooting and away it went. He then rode it holding the button for a few minutes until it started to run without hitting the button any longer. I was just doing a search and found out there is a safety module behind the fuel tank cover on the left side. Apparently the black wire is the one that controls the rev limiter, I wonder if water got in there and shorted it until it evaporated? I am going to check it out in the morning and try some dielectric grease on it, crossing my fingers that this will work? I just downloaded the service manual so I will see what it says. Thanks