Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

BOBBY32

1996 Yamaha Timberwolf - Timing Help

Have a 96 timberwolf 250 4x4 i need help with timeing I did a complete top end gasket set and now I need to time it anyone's help would be great thx bobby

I have that but it is not realy helping me with the timeing I can not fide the timing mark for the bottom half of the motor and dum a$$ me I for got to mark it on the bottom

bump I still can not get my timberwolf timed can some one plz explain to me how to do it better then the manual dose thank you

There has to be timing marks on the gears. Read the service manual carefully and follow it to the letter. Page 4-51 of that manual is where it starts not sure what else to tell you to assist you other than follow the directions carefully. I havent worked on this particular engine but what I do know with everyone I have worked on is the timing marks are on the gears. Sorry I couldnt be more help.

Thanks I fide them with all your help but now my intake valve is bent do to me not having it in time I Larned a big time lesson on this

did you remove the flywheel when you were doing this? Flywheel has 2 timing marks on it F for ignition and the T is for the camchain.

When you get your new valve installed drop me a line before you crank it over - ALWAYS check your cam timing 3 times before starting the motor.

Looks spot on, get that tensioner installed, rotate the motor by hand 5-6 times and make sure it stays lined up. You need to compress the tensioner before installing it - 10mm head plug comes out, use a slotted screwdriver to pull the plunger back and hold it there while you bolt the assembly to the cylinder with the 2 6mm bolts, remove the screwdriver, re-install plug.

bobby sorry to leave you hanging for a month. I always pulled the tension spring/rod, bolted the housing onto the cyl (2 bolts) and then put the spring/rod and plug back on.

Glad to hear you're up and running Bobby, we've been doing well - the kids are tearing it up on our little track in the back yard 2-3 times a week. I'm almost caught up enough to delve back into my Kodiak's oil leak!