Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

SO i got this 2002 400ex on trade not running. figured id look into it and fix iit. I figured out it needs a new cylinder ,piston, rings, timing chain. Bottom end looks ot be good functionaing order all electrical works just jumped teeth on the timing chain did not damage valves or any thing. I was hoping to fix it and sell it but local shop tells me im bette roff parting it out seeing how used lower untis go for around $450 on ebay and cylinder heads go for around $200 or so.was curious what you all think if i should attempt ot fix it and sell as running unit or sell broken for $550 obo? any ideas or any interested in purchasing please let me know price is alwasy flexible, im just spit balling ideas here.

Quad.jpg

Quad.jpg.c3dcb6a889e9aa1ecf3cd8772cc1649d.jpg

If you're doing the work yourself I would fix it and sell it,otherwise maybe part it out. You wouldn't want to keep it? 400ex is pretty cool, wish I still had my 500 predator..

So i was moving this thing around today and i noticed when i grab the rear bar above the brake light and shfit it left or right without moving the wheels it allows about 1/2" to a full 1" of play between the bearings in the swing arm this seems to excessive am i right in thinking the carrier needs replace or not?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By Kelby 746
      I have a 1987-89 (not sure on the year) Kawasaki bayou 300 that has electrical issues, I have replaced the entire harness with a proven good/used one, new CDI box, and two brand new coils, problem is that it tests no charge at the pickup coil, so I replaced and tested again with a so called good one that had been salvaged out of a blown up 220/250 (not sure which, the left side cover is smaller than my 300) in Missouri. It has a proven good OEM stator. I am trying to avoid buying a new start and pickup coil because it is so expensive so if anyone has a suggestion please let me know.
    • By Jordan Ritzman
      What are some good online vendors for parts
    • By Coral Breding
      I loosened the allen bolts on the carrier and when I went to put my driver in the alot to pull back and tighten the chain, I noticed the holes were facing the front of the bike. I tried to slide a driver in and tighten the chain but the thing would not budge. I nearly ripped the tip off the driver in the slot. Any suggestions? 

• By Mike Iadonixi
      Hi my son has a 2000 Polaris trail boss 325 it has no lights will not start unless pulled or i jump it the battery is good there is a new starter switch on it too any suggestions thank you for any help
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Jean de la Chevrotière
      View File Polaris 700 2002 Owner's manual
      Polaris 2002 700 Owner's Safety and maintenance manual
      Submitter Jean de la Chevrotière Submitted 12/01/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By Jean de la Chevrotière
      Polaris 2002 700 Owner's Safety and maintenance manual
    • By priglmeier
      I own a 2002 Can-Am Quest 650.
      It will start if you massage the throttle a bit and it will continue to run. BUT if you let go of the throttle and try to let it idle it will always die warm or cold.
      It has Non-Oxy premium gas, a new gapped NGK plug, a new carb (as of today) and fresh fluids. After installing the new carb it runs exactly the same.

I only have a few things that I have observed since the new carb:
      The choke still doesn't do anything. It has a good cable and it is hooked up. It on fully off. There is a cable in the top, front of the engine that splits into two connectors. The connected side is in the photo. The other side has the yellow banded section and is not connected. I do not see anything in range of this connector so I don't know if this is normal or not??? The original carb wasn't really dirty or clogged. I'll use it as a spare. I don't see this cable and connectors listed in the Can-Am shop manual. Looking for some help. I want to ride!

• By sloundez
      Does anyone out there know where I can get a functional pair of wheel cylinders for subject ATV? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks