Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Jw7054

1991 suzuki 160 again

Well today i was going to mow our yard and we have a pretty big so we have a riding mower. I have my quad parked in front of it so i figured why not just start it up to charge the battery and just to have it run becuz i havent run it in a week or so. I sat there cranking it for five minutes. When it starte to even sound like it was gonna start it would still die. I had the almost starts for about a minute. It this a carb problem or what is this. Im almost positive it doesnt have a fuel filter(no of the suzuki 160s do). Does that mean there might be crap in the tank?

This isnt the air filter because it takes just as long with the air filter off. Also it starts just fine when hot. The choke is not on.

i would think a dirty carb, bad gas, or try a new plug ...

Already did a new plug. But it fires right back up even if it only ran 5 -10 seconds

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By George Henry
      I just watched this video I made ten years ago.  It made me laugh.  I was riding a 1985 Honda ATC 200X.  It's hard to film yourself so I had to position the camera to film me.  May flies out th wazoo, but I HAD to ride.  I hope you get a laugh.
      Here is the link: 
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNfAPe3NIg4
    • By mikeexplorer
      PA Residents, please take a moment to send an email supporting this to [email protected]
      https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/41590987/proposed-changes-on-the-way-for-riding-atvs-on-state-forest-trails?fbclid=IwAR1EXkgtnRenBzFAKG5h1IOs7xDrNg6iedYSALckbjx2F5ZPjwdDFFij6Jc#.Xic-MeQ7aXY.facebook
      This week, the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) plans to outline proposed policy changes for ATV trails on state forest lands.  They will also be seeking public comment.
      Pennsylvania has more than 260 miles of ATV trails in state forests. The department is reviewing its policy to respond to increasing demands for riding opportunities and well as interest from local governments in expanding tourism.
      “The purpose of the policy is to provide guidance to DCNR when acquiring, developing and managing lands for ATV use by the public,” Secretary Cindy Adams Dunn said.
      There had been a moratorium on new trail development, but the policy revisions now authorize DCNR to consider new ATV trails and connectors on state forest lands.
      “New ATV trails will be considered, while still balancing the protection of natural resources as outlined in the Environmental Rights Amendment to the Pennsylvania Constitution, and the needs of all types of recreational users on DCNR lands,” Dunn said.
      In a 2016 survey of ATV users, more than 4,800 responded with many indicating a strong desire for more long-distance trails. Pennsylvania has around 285,000 registered ATVs. On state forest lands, ATV riding is allowed only on designated trails.
      Public comment will be taken at a meeting in Harrisburg Wednesday, January 22, from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 105 of the Rachel Carson State Office Building. Written comments can be submitted to [email protected]
      The deadline to submit comments is March 27.
      More information about ATV riding is on the DCNR website.

• By Randel1
      I am trying to put a 1994 Suzuki 250 quadrunner back into service. I have it up and running like new but need to replace the plastics as they are brittle and crumbling due to age and sun exposure. I would like to purchase new parts either OEM or aftermarket but have had little luck in finding them. I would even consider used or salvaged parts in serviceable condition. Any help in locating these parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • By Adrian Ciotinga
      So I’ve had this quad for the better part of a month, and it’s been hard to start since the day I bought it. Once it warms up it idles just fine and has plenty of power and starts no problem, but cold it takes 20 seconds minimum of straight cranking to start it.
      It’s not really too big of an issue, I’m just curious as to why it takes so long. Earlier today, it took me about 2 minutes of on/off cranking to get it to fire.
      i have attached a video of a cold start to show you what I mean.
      FullSizeRender.mov
    • By Relais22
      "Greetings from LaTuque Quebec! Please come and visit us at Relais 22 this summer, and bring your ATV. We have special prices and 10% off gas for you this summer. Thanks! Click here: ATV Holiday in Canada"

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Jason Magnone
      As stated above working on a 1999 Suzuki LT-F160. I think I’m having trouble with the carburetor. I keep fouling spark plugs. Full disclosure, I did make a poor attempt to “rebuild” the carb (that’s why I think that’s the issue). No idea if the new parts are at the correct “settings” (gaps and such) I believe the starting point is 1.5 turns from bottom out on the adjustment screw (is there another adjustment I don’t know of?).  Doesn’t feel like I’m getting gas drawn through the carb (clogged jet maybe?), the plug isn’t wet at all (assuming why they’re fouling?) Not a great deal of experience working on carbs and not having much luck on finding a lot of info on the 160’s.
      1st- by chance can I swap out the original carb (13200-02C03) for an LT 250 model (think the HA01050). They’re only about $30 apposed to $200. That would at least narrow down if it’s a wiring problem or carb issue.
      2nd - The wiring has been minipulated at least a dozen times (before I acquired it, my cousin got it from a buddy kind of thing). Hopefully don’t have to dig into this too much as it’s currently a bit if a mess. 
      I was told it ran last year... 
      Any imput would be greatly appreciated
    • By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By Steve1266
      I went out to ride my quad today. When I started it up it ran for a minute, then died. Since then it will turn over but won't start. I've check the spark plug and get great fire. I have had this quad for about 6 months, and very new to breaking it down. But need help. Thanks
    • By evlsnke
      loud clicking, snapping noise under load when accelerating.
    • By thesandmanisme
      Hey, does anyone have a pdf for service manual on an LT230? Having some issues.