Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

gyminis

vacuum,fuel drain etc

Ok i bought a 1996 lt-f4wdx quadrunner and the carburator was not attached? I have a gaurantee that it runs. I know about the throttle and choke but know nothing of where the rest of the hoses fuel drain,vacuum and anything else i forgot about come and or go from or to. the model of carb is a mikuni bst31ss(single carb)! :confused: thanx jim

8434-93-king-quad-carb.jpg

Pictured are the tubes for your fuel vacuum activators. You might not have the horn in the center depending on your fuel tank valve.

In the back top, two vent hoses that route up underneath the shift lever panel.

Fuel feed goes in lower left near the bowl.

8434-93-king-quad-carb.jpg

Pictured are the tubes for your fuel vacuum activators. You might not have the horn in the center depending on your fuel tank valve.

In the back top, two vent hoses that route up underneath the shift lever panel.

Fuel feed goes in lower left near the bowl.

Tim : thanx alot ! i dont understand all the extra hoses? as they go nowhere ? venting maybe? jim

Yes the extra hoses are for venting. Should be two coming from the top rear, one on the left, one on the right.

Fuel pump should be on the upper left frame fwd of the handle bars. It is the vacuum that operates the pump.

You might not have the fuel tank valve port on your carb. If your tank valve is the simple on, off, res, type, you don’t need this. If it is the on, pri, res, type, then there is a vacuum port on the back side of it. Vacuum from the carb opens this type valve to allow fuel to flow to the pump.

If you have the simple valve with a carb that has the fuel valve port, plug the carb port. It is not needed.

Do you have a manual for this machine?

Hi tim: yes i do have a clymer manual,it dont seem to help,but maybe im missing something? thanx

Edited by gyminis

Download the OEM service manual for the 1999 KQ model form this forum. It has cable and tube routing diagrams. Much of it will be the same as yours.

Download the OEM service manual for the 1999 KQ model form this forum. It has cable and tube routing diagrams. Much of it will be the same as yours.

Tim: i found the manual ,but i cant down load it for some reason? what am i missing?

Says file not found on my BlackBerry. Out riding so not near a computer. Try searching the internet in general for a free download. Or PM Oxidized black.

Hi tim: i have another issue with the same machine! i cant get a spark,changed the stator,ign coil and the voltage regulator. checked and checked everything twice and still nothing? here is my question, the wires on the stator dont match whats inthe manual? can you tellme where ea wire goes using the colors? and also on the voltage regulator,there are 3 yellow wires,the manual does not say to what wire(color) they go to or does it matter? and does the reverse switch have to be connected for it to start? if so where do they connect to and the colors,please!!!!!!!!!!!! i have checked the cdi and it checks out ok. thanx jim

Says file not found on my BlackBerry. Out riding so not near a computer. Try searching the internet in general for a free download. Or PM Oxidized black.

the stator wire colors are as follows, 3 yellow wires,1 green wire and a black w green stripe wire!

That sounds right. The yellows go to your volt regulator. The other two go to the CDI. What manual were you looking at when you said they dont match?

The Clymer is what I have and it's a good manual. There was some question before about what rig you have. Might be a King Quad. Did you ever find the full vin number?

tim: sorry , but i may have mislead the whole time? the frame # is jsaa or j5aak42a312103699! curious to know what i really have here, thanx jim

If you have the 1987-1998 model manual, should be in the wire diagram section

Edited by Tim-ANC