Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

lstine73

Suzuki Vension 500 - shifting issues

Hello all!! New to this site, but a desperate call out for help to avoid high repair bill. A "friend" of mine who was drinking decided to take my 4wheeler for a ride. Needless to say, he didn't seem to understand the you have to press in the brake to change gears. Not HAPPY. Now my ride will only go into Park and H. WHAT parts should I be looking at replacing. I have not tore it apart yet, and looking for advice as where to even start. Any ideas are appreciated!!!!

And before anyone asks, NO ONE rides my equipment at all. I have learned the hard way to take the keys out and OPPS i cant find the keys at the moment ( this excuse works!!).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tiffany Rowland
      I just got a 2007 Honda trx400ex and I'm looking for places to ride. Is there any website that gives a list of areas where atvs are allowed?
    • By DrtyGrlKristin
      I'm curious what all the ladies ride on this site and why!
      I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino 700. Just added a new roll cage, dual exhaust and some other things. Here are a few pics:

I chose the Rhino because my arms and wrists get way too tired on a quad. I haven't tried a bike, but, I don't think my coordination would be good enough to handle that!
      I LOVE my Rhino though!!!!!!! It's the perfect machine for me.
      So, how about you????
    • By wheeler0801
      what's the reason you're on here...do you race, just ride? race and ride?
      me....I'm a racer chick. Last summer I started motocross/supercross and actually won the championship in the women's class......this year I'm going to start harescrambles
      I'm stoked:yes::biggrin:and I LOVE to beat the boys:laugh:
    • By BuckBilly
      I like to ride in wooded and grassy areas. It takes my mind off the everyday routines and helps me deal with my father's cancer. Also gives me a reason to get involved with forums like this one.
    • By bradley nelson
      Im cool with the police in my area so i can ride on public roads.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alois Specht
      Hi there , have a KAZUMA 500 JAGUAR the rear diff is permanently locked , how can I get it out of lock just about tried everything I think, ?? .  Thank you your help is appreciated.

• By mrfartsalot
      i have a 2001 suzuki quadmaster 500 4x4 that the primary cvt clutch is rusted on any ideas on how to get it off i want to try to reuse it if possible.
    • By Paul Maple
      I have a 1999 Sportsman  500, it was running fine, than started to lose power in the winter, I adjusted the idle screw and away I went, than a few weeks ago it died, I have found that i am flooding the engine, compression was at 70PSI and due to the compression release mech. i assume i am good as it compared to the same PSI on a 2000 sportsman 500 i have. i cannot start the atv unless i go full throttle and it starts an runs for about 30 sec than dies, again it is flooded. i ordered a new carb off ebay as i could get one for around $40. put that in same issue, i have checked the timing, (good), valves out of adjustment i adjusted to .006 still same issue, i have found the exhaust lobe and rocker arm to have some wear, i have ordered new ones, but am looking for any other input in this area as well. would the exhaust cam and rocker arm cause the engine to flood? i have used a bore scope and the piston liner has good cross hatching still? any input would be great.
    • By colin james
      View File 1996-2000 Polaris Sportsman 335/500 Service Manual
      This is the factory service manual for the polaris sportsman 335 & 500.
      You can download the section you need  or download all of the chapters for the complete manual 
      Submitter colin james Submitted 10/19/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By colin james
      This is the factory service manual for the polaris sportsman 335 & 500.
      You can download the section you need  or download all of the chapters for the complete manual