Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Good morning all. I am fairly new to the trail riding scene (but love it so far). The few trails I have gone on someone else has guided. I want to go with a few friends but not familiar with the trails here in Arizona. Somebody at a Bass Pro Shop mentioned to me that there is a specific Garmin or GPS gadget that trail riders buy that allows you to download maps and what not so you can pretty much take any trail anywhere in the state and not get lost.

Does anyone have any recommendations or does anyone have a specific Garmin model that they use for trail rides. I need to get something ASAP and I figured I would ask for any/all opinions on this one. Thank you all in advance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rich1028
      looks like I'm going to hit the trail tomorrow 
      Wifes quad not out of the shop yet,just went in to do a tune up and check it over.
      so I'll be going with some friends up to leota for some trail riding in the morning.
      have not been out on the trails since 1995!!
      http://www.upnorthtrails.org/trails/leota-trail.html
      not sure which trail we are taking.
      Excited....you bet!!

• By 79davecampbell
      just bought a 2000 polaris 325. was told i vould pull start and ride but needed new battery for electric start. so bought new bat and charged it but nothing. while spraying with a hose after a ride it all came on. neutral light cooling fan and then quit. checked those things in the black bag and power at both ends. starter will roll when i jump solenoid. power to the ignition switch jumped that but still nothing. maybe switch for headlight and starter? NEED HELP PLEASE. 
    • By Frank Angerano
      Hello everyone, back from a crazy few months of riding, hunting and fishing! So I’ve added a storage bag to one of my bikes and loaded it up pretty good before we went out into the woods/trails etc.  My son questioned me and said what do we need all that junk for?  I told him you never know  maybe a flat tire water etc.
      Needless to say that junk came in handy.   So my question to everyone that hits the trails is what do you have or recommend to maybe take with you before you go? And what would be the one most important thing that’s a must have? 
      And also any recommendations on a  storage bag that’s not so costly and performs the best? I like my bag but not very good .

• By Travis Mitchel
      Hello all just recently acquired this atv which as you can see in the pics that it has had an unsheltered life. i did get it running and put some used tires on the front.
      It still needs a bit more well needed maintenance, chains tightened and oiled. needs an airbox or air cleaner and other misc items.

• By gregorio
      I've got a Polaris and a Honda that I use regularly on my ranch so they see a lot of abuse.  Fortunately, there is still a Honda dealer nearby but the nearest Polaris dealer is over 1.5 hours away.  They charge way too much money ($1800 for battery, alternator, wire harness and fluids change) so I am starting to learn how to do my own repairs.  The Internet is a wonderful and scary place when it comes to shopping.  Where can I go for a fair deal? Is there a list of preferred vendors that advertise on the forum? 
      Thanks,
      Greg
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By pickytar
      I have a Chinese Hybird 250 or that's what I was told it was. I found 17 numbers on the frame. Will these numbers tell me exactly what it is that I have? (I know that its a 2006 from a plate on the front)
    • By patricknperkins
      Ok, so got this thing, assembled, and even added acid/assembled the battery with a solid trickle charge and the battery is fine.
      As far as I can tell, I have checked all the fuses I can find, but I have ZERO power to anything. Even the console will not light up when turned to ON.
      Is there some sort of hidden parental/child disconnect or safety switch that I'm not aware of? ANY help would be appreciated.
    • By Sniderman
      Does any one have this manual?
      93 trail boss 350 2x4
      Thanx
    • By upper_tanker
      Hey all, new guy here. I am wondering if anyone has one of these machines, that can possibly take a picture/tell me where the hoes goes from the timing chain cover. I took this machine apart in the fall of 2014, planning to rebuild the top end, and didn't get around to doing it until about a month ago. motor is back together, and I'm just curious as to where this hose goes. One end has a plastic ribbed fitting in it.
      Also, the rear upper nipple on the carburetor.....what goes there? is that just a breather also or?
      I have the rubber piece that slides into the rear of the gas tank with 3 hoses: 2 go to the rear, and 1 is just a clear piece of hose that isn't connected anywhere.
      I have another one of these machines, but it is 5 hours away.
      I guess that's what I get for waiting a year and a half to put it back together lol.
      Thanks
    • By BigTrees
      Hello everyone, I have a new to me 86 Bayou 300 that I just bought last night to get around the property. It wouldn't start when I bought it but it did turn over with starting fluid, PO said the carb neeeded cleaned. I cleaned the carb today but need to get the choke wired up as it was not wired up when purchased.
      I'm hoping one of you can help me get this choke wired up. Coming from the carb it has 2 wires. 1 is yellow and 1 is black. The PO said I needed to ground one and put the other one on a switch.
      Should I do it this way or is there another/better way to do it? I'd really appreciate any help I could get!! Thanks in advance!