Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

deeredroper

deeredroper

Hi im having starting problems with my 2000 xplorer polaris 400. I just replaced the Coil,stator and the flywheel.I get a fire from the spark plug about every 5th pull changed spark plug same thing happens.Dont know what to do. Any help is welcome::confused:

Edited by deeredroper
2 stroke motor

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Chris2018
      I have a 1996 Kawasaki Mojave KSF250. I have no manual on it and it has a no spark issue. If anyone could give me a hand with this or would possibly have a manual would appreciate it. 
    • By scotty2hotty01
      i have a older honda 350 cc quad that seems to start and other days will not.spark seems to be gone and there when it does run.I checked newer coil odd a older yet Honda but no help and idea I going to find the serial number as forget the year but believe around 1995 to 1997 year besides that great quad but cant run it so great this way  and need it for chores around the acreage. Any help would be great. Ive check all fuses as well as the fusable ling which was fine until I screwed with it now need to buy another as have it wired not so safe.I handy but now have copd which takes away the brain power some.Any help would sure be appreciated 
    • By Arizona
      So few months ago I acquired a 01 Explorer 4x4 (think its a 350 but not sure) 
      Anyway the owner said it started reving very high, shut the key off and still kept running 
      until finally he shut off fuel and it finally died. During the run away he said the exhaust got 
      red hot and has melted plastics to prove it. Said some thing flew out the tail pipe, I kinda figured
      it was the top of the piston. Anyway finally got around to looking at it (have a lot of other projects in the works)
      and checked the compression, Shows about 40 psi. Can hear air coming out the carb while rotating the motor over. 
      Gonna pull it apart eventually, don't hear any noises or binding in the stroke, You think the piston came apart? 
      any horror stories of these and is it worth my effort and money? Don't really have any money in it yet. Thoughts? Az

• By Christian Brindle
      I have a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500. A year or so ago we got it running after replacing the kill switch. It ran great but after some use for a couple months it got a flat tire and for some reason we just forgot about it and it sat for some time. Before it sat i replaced the gas cap, fuel filter, fuel pump, petcock, battery, starter relay, oil and oil filter. I recently went to start it and it started so quickly and without choke or throttle but the ATV wouldn't move till about 1/4 throttle and it wasn't really a smooth ride until 1/2 throttle. it also would bog out randomly after you came to a stop and sounded like it was getting too much fuel. I cleaned the carb and adjusted the air/fuel screw to 1 3/4 turns out.  I also messed with the idle and the throttle cable adjuster up on the handlebars. It's safe to say it now runs worse than when i started working on it 2 days ago. It takes more effort to get started and bogs out idling after about 30 seconds. I tried adjusting the idle but every time i do it'll get to a sweet spot but after driving it down the driveway and back the idle will go up and down to the point where i can't put it in gear because the gears will grind. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • By Arizona
      Trying to figure motor size, says nothing on plastics, or the title, only numbers are EC25PFX 01 Which
      are on the cylinder. The vin code is 4XAAG25C312459874
      Tried vin search but still doesn't show motor size.