Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mothrottle
      Does a US made grease gun fit Metric zerk fittings, or do I need a conversion to fit them?  Thanks in advance.
    • By Jay Reddick
      Hey guys, need some help with my 2016 Yamaha Kodiak 700 4x4.  Was riding and it started smoking below the air box and then Caught fire.  We got the fire put out quickly with a fire extinguisher.  Many of the wires below the air box got damaged.   I purchased a new wiring harness for the atv and replaced that as well as any other damaged cables or parts that burned up where the fire was.  I also replaced the regulator, the ECU, and the starter solenoid. I also replaced the stater since some of the cables that went to the regulator were damaged.  It acts like it will crank but it won’t turn over.   The fuel pump initialized when I turn the key so it’s working.  I’ve spend $1500 on parts and no luck yet.  Any suggestions?  
    • By Guy Churchward
      I have a 2016 Yamaha Kodiak and find myself with a start issue.. I changed the battery so it’s not that.. here’s a video of me trying and then boost starting.. can anyone give me pointers as to a starter motor issue or fuse or wiring or whatever ?.. I find myself without a vehicle with a tow hitch for the 1st time in years so have a dead and stranded ATV to fix !
      thanks in advance, suggestions welcome
      Guy

IMG_5952.mp4  

• By YamahaGrizzly
      Billy went all out and bought N2deep Snorkels, Rubber Down customs Rad kit and Rox speed fx Risers for his Grizzly 700. It took a solid 3 days in the shed to install all this new gear on Billys Yamaha grizzly 700! We cant wait for the next time we get out and go on a run! should be this week actually! gonna be good to get the Yamahas grizzlys and Kodiak together!
    • By bradleyheathhays
      I'm outfitting my middle aged '02 Taurus with a new starter and need some advice on what brand starter to get. I'm tempted to get this reman Motorcraft, the fourth one down in the orange remanufactured section.

CLICK HERE

For $123 that seems reasonable for a OE reman. If not this one I'll probably be going for a reman of another brand so why not go OE?
      The other reman options I'm seeing at the car stores are...
      Napa brand
      Bosch
      Denso
      Driveworks at Advance
      Carquest
      Duralast
      Valucraft
      Ultima
      Bestest
      Should I go with the Motorcraft or one of these? $123 sounds almost too good although I really don't know.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By BigRuss
      I have a Kawasaki  bayou 4WD that started squealing when giving it the gas from a stop. It almost sounds like a fan belt but the dealer replaced the belt about 30 hours ago, so I don't think it is that. As best as I can tell, it actually sounds like it is coming from the front end. Once I am running and moving at a speed, I don't hear the squealing anymore. My first thought was to put fan belt dressing on the fan belt, as a quick test for the problem. It makes the noise when hot or cold.
      Another problem, that started before the dealer changed the fan belt, is that you give the quad a little gas, and nothing, give it more, and nothing, give it more, and it lurches and takes off. The dealer said it needs a new clutch, which I don't buy. less than 400 hours and it needs a clutch? I would say it needs an adjustment. When the quad is cold, as in I just started it for the first time in hours, it does not lurch. It is just fine. It lurches only when it gets hot, as in when you can hear the fan once in a while to cool the oil.
      Any help or insights would be great.

Russ
    • By Connie Johnson Donald Hudson
      Smells like gas in the oil ... Also, recently replaced belt, new BT does not have grooves on both sides, does that pose a problem?  Also just bought and replaced new carburetor, never has it idled better, but give it gas and it backfires very loudly!
    • By pizzaman_288
      How hard is it to change the outer seals on the rear differential mine are leaking fluid and I have no idea on how to change them out any help would be great thanks
    • By Snowden
      Hi everyone,
      I have a question, if the starter clutch gear looks fine but is still not working correctly then all I should need to replace is the one way bearing, right?
      thanks,