Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

gyminis

1996 Suzuki King Quad Rear Axle Seal Leak

I have a 1996 king quad lt-f4wdx and have oil leaking from the rear axle assy at the seal behind the shaft from the front axle to the rear axle! can this seal be replaced w/o doing major surgery,taking the rear assy completly apart. thanx jim:aargh:

If you are talking about the forward drive shaft seal coming out of the forward crank case, no, can not be replaced easy. Crank case has to be split to get to it.

If you are talking about the forward drive shaft seal coming out of the forward crank case, no, can not be replaced easy. Crank case has to be split to get to it.

I have to replace a seal on the rear axle!!!!!!!!!!! The seal is where the propeller shaft attachesto the rear axle!!!!!!!! Via a slip joint connnection with a boot.... So to keep a long story short, is there any chance at all the seal can be replaced w/o dissambling the motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don`t understand your terminology. The seals where the rear drive line exit the crank case, you might be able to change it. You would have to dig the seal out around drive line. Might not happen and then you`re stuck. Usually, these are beat out from the inside of the case.

* Edited title with YMM and issue: 1996 Suzuki King Quad Rear Axle Seal Leak

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dra O
      posted a while back - it was running at one point - I have all the plastic shroud off - it's down to frame and engine now
      -fuel pump: when line from petcock is attached, no fuel comes out other side to carb; the line to the carb is open (can blow through it); I thought when I cranked engine that the pump would spit out fuel on other side but it does not; I removed fuel pump and opened it up - diaphragm looks good - but internal areas had lotsa calcification build up - I cleaned this out and dried it good - the clear plastic pieces (?diaphragms) aren't broken - the spring w/ steel ball on end moves freely; am putting it back on tomorrow; but can anyone answer about the pump? isn't it supposed to pump fuel through it... to other side... to carb? puzzling
      -along with fuel pump: I replaced petcock 3 weeks ago (gas tank had rusty fuel in bottom - cleaned it out prior to new petcock); when I turn petcock arrow NOT to on or reserve, fuel comes out of line; when I turn it to on or reserve, fuel doesn't come out; puzzling
      -I don't know what's on back of fuel pump - it's a valve that has a hose coming out of it - looks like it goes to engine/carb - I haven't traced this out yet - what is it?
      -can squirt gas on air filter and engine will run for 2-3 seconds then stop - fuel in top of carb (under diaphragm) does same
      -it likely needs carb rebuild - will get to this - but something isn't allowing fuel to get from fuel pump to carb
      -I THINK it has a mikuni model x carb - diaphragm is ID 26mm  OD 68mm - hard to find inexpensive diaphragm, I guess because it's a model x
      -last thing - I replaced solenoid due to old one clicking; I HAVE to be charging the battery or it won't start/turn over - battery just goes dead; but if charging, it'll turn over nicely; i'm guessing it's a bad battery
      -any help appreciated - I've never owned an ATV before - inherited this beast from grandparent in-law
    • By bradleyheathhays
      Damn, it took 30 years of driving to cause my first accident, and on Friday the damn 13th. Did a low speed rear end into the back of a lifted truck and got into it's trailer receiver. The only place it made contact with was at the very front center of the hood close to where it latches. Unfortunately the impact was enough that there's a longitudinal hump in the middle of the hood now, bowed 6 inches on each side above the quarter panels, which weren't involved at all thank God. Both my headlights are cracked at the top, but not because they got hit; I think it was because the hood and it's latch was pushed back during the collision possibly deforming the support structure, causing the to separate. The hood is lifted up about 3 inches above each headlight and when looking in at the support material just behind each headlight, one side shows cracks and the other cracks and about a 1/2 gap in the material. Can't tell but it may resemble fiberglass, not really sure? My best guess is that the whole front bumper is gonna have to come off and that entire front support piece be replaced. Any advice on how hard this can be? I do a lot of my own work but I really don't want to be getting into this especially with the weather getting so bad now.

When I go junkyard shopping for parts, what year Tauruses are compatible with my '02?
    • By Brian Simmons
      I am looking at a 90cc Arctic cat 90cc not sure what year right off hand . The shaft broke off right outside the motor . Can anyone help me ? What do I need to do to fix it ? Do you have any pictures or videos ? Let me know ?

• By colin james
      View File 1996-2000 Polaris Sportsman 335/500 Service Manual
      This is the factory service manual for the polaris sportsman 335 & 500.
      You can download the section you need  or download all of the chapters for the complete manual 
      Submitter colin james Submitted 10/19/2018 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By pcumby
      Hi guys I'm in the market for a new ATV.  I narrowed my choices down to King quad 750 Grizzly 700 and Rubicon 520,  I own a 2006 500 Rubicon right now and I like the reliability and power for plowing.  However it is not a capable ATV.  When quading with other guys it falls short with ride quality and ground clearance.   I also have a 500 King Quad 2015 which I like and will keep it for my wife.  It is very strong and reliable also.  However my plan is to sell my Honda Rubicon and replace it with a 2020 of one of the these mentioned above.  Can anyone give me their take on one or all of these machines and why you picked what you picked?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By vedder37
      Title says it all. When I researched part it shows it does not exist anymore, discontinued. What can I do to stop the leak? Is there somewhere else I should be looking for part? The leak is coming from where shifter goes through seal, not around outside of seal between case and seal.
      Thanks.
    • By Tim-ANC
      How is it changing these? The manual elaborates on measurements and cautions about damaging the seal if its mis-aligned.
    • By richclick2010
      New problem.
      I wanted to change the fluid in my front hubs only to find that there wasn't any fluid in them but full of grease instead.
      Pulled the hub apart and found the hub seals are missing. I ordered Part # 3610019 that was listed for my model. They are too big. They measure 3.258in across and my hubs measure 3.10in. I was baffled. I can only assume that someone in the last 12 years replaced the hubs. They are Polaris hubs though. I have checked through several years and models and all I have seen list the same part number.
      Anyone have any ideas on this or happen to know a seal part number with that measurement? The rotor hole is the same as the hub.
      This is a 4x4 with Hilliard Clutch.

Thanks for your input.
    • By btimmons
      Good morning.
      I have had this 2000 KingQuad since new - it has 2500 miles/hours on it. it appears that the front out put shaft yoke seal is leaking
      does anyone have any experience in replacing this seal and O-rings as described in the service manual? Also, can it be removed and replaced WITHOUT disassembly of the engine?