Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Cobra_GT

05 z400 carburetor ?

i am buying a z400 and am wondering what smooth bore carburetor you guys are running for performance on this quad. Flat or round slide and what size. i would like to get that cv carburetor off of there for performance, thanks. peace.:aargh:

ct

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By amelia slabbert
      Hi I have a YAMAHA RAPTOR 660R 2003
      I have taken of my Air filter and sprayed in my air inlet some carberator cleaner while starting it. That causes some problems. It struggles to start now. Please look at my attachedment video. 
      What can I do now.? 
      MOV_1402.mp4 MOV_1401.mp4
    • By bradley nelson
      What is the best and easiest way to tune your carburetor? Any tips or tricks?
    • By Anthony Marceau
      Hi everyone! I have a 1986 yamaha moto4 200 that's been sitting for a while! Cleaned the carb, replaced engine oil, put fresh gas in it. Got it running and went for a ride! It was running great just a little backfire once in a while! I barely made it home on the way back and now the bike won't run at all since then! It will start if I give a little bit of throttle but dies instantly as soon as I let go off the throttle! And even if I try to rev it up it'll sound like its not getting enough gas.. it revs up a couple hundred rpm's and backfires through the carb.. it almost sounds as if I was trying to take off from zero in 5th gear! Nothing is seized though! I dissasembled the head and the piston and cylinder are fine! Rebuilt the carb, replaced the ignition source coil.. I don't know what to do anymore.. compression test shows 90 psi Specs are 128 psi but i'm not sure if I trust my compression tester.. any ideas? Thanks!!
    • By hoghead
      Anyone have experience with after market carbs.
    • By BeardedBackWoods
      Bought a 01 bear tracker and a trailer from a local guy last week. I rebuilt the carb 2 days ago and ran damn near perfect for 2 hours. Parked it and came back the next day. It suddenly won't hold an idle at all and pops when I'm going downhill or at a slow speed. Almost like I'm dragging the whole power train with the weight of the ATV. It still has decent power (80-90% maybe as it is now) but I can't figure out why it's popping and won't hold an idle suddenly. even with messing with the idle screw next to the bowl on the exterior of the carb. No changes. . ANY ideas would be great. I'm far from a carb king, but I've never had this issue before. The fuel was bought 2 days ago and it has a brand new intake manifold as of yesterday when I rebuilt the carb (whole rebuild kit). I sprayed around the carb and did not find any leaks. 

Thanks y'all.